1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
i once got a metal spec in my eye die grinding
a day later and i could barely go outside
had no health insurance/ contractor
so i used a mag light , a large mirror and a needle to remove it
pretty hard to do, had tears streaming down my face from holding my eye open so long
i went medieval on my own self

basically i just used the tip of the needle to draw out the spec from my cornea
the doc does the same thing, they just probably give something to anethesize the eye.
believe me the hardest part is keeping your eye steady while trying to watch yourself to do it right!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
btw i always wear eye protection now!

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
i once got a metal spec in my eye die grinding
a day later and i could barely go outside
had no health insurance/ contractor
so i used a mag light , a large mirror and a needle to remove it
pretty hard to do, had tears streaming down my face from holding my eye open so long
i went medieval on my own self

basically i just used the tip of the needle to draw out the spec from my cornea
the doc does the same thing, they just probably give something to anethesize the eye.
believe me the hardest part is keeping your eye steady while trying to watch yourself to do it right!
That is fucking hard core dude

·
Registered
445 Posts
u need to go asap.....longer u wait the worse it will be
This ^

My wife works at an optometrist's office, and I hear horror stories all the time about what happens to people who wait too long.
I always try to wear eye protection now, even with my buddy laughing at me because it looks goofy. It's better than fuckin up my eye!

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
if its a pencil...i wouldnt wait to long :D

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
You get a rust ring in your cornea you will need a corneal transplant...go to the ER.

Wait...we talking about the eye that winks or the eye that stinks? I hope you arent shoving shit back there!!! :D

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
You get a rust ring in your cornea you will need a corneal transplant...go to the ER.

Wait...we talking about the eye that winks or the eye that stinks? I hope you arent shoving shit back there!!! :D
I had a rust ring on my cornea fro a metal flake that hit me on the iris portion.

no problems

·
I hate ghetto *******
3,081 Posts
If its not to bad just wait till you can get in to see a optometrist or whatever. I had a firework go off and fuck my left eye up 4th of July.... went to the ER and they didn't do shit. I'm fine now but I lost a 3rd of my cornea, bad lacerations on my eye lid, blunt force trauma caused inside my eye to bleed. They gave me some pain meds and went to see the optometrist the next day. Took him 20mins straight to clean my eye out.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
Depends on how much it hurts. I'll puss up and go to the doctor with a quickness if it hurts bad enough.

However, knock on wood - so far saftey glasses on all the time are a blessing.

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
I had a rust ring on my cornea fro a metal flake that hit me on the iris portion.

no problems

If it doesnt affect your vision then it isnt as bad. I have seen ophthalmologists get the rust ring out but if you leave the piece of metal in too long it can damage the cornea pretty bad...and if it is in the pupil area your vision can be jacked.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
.....and if you leave it in there and ever have to have a cat-scan,prepare for it to be ripped out of your eye..we could call you popeye then

1 - 20 of 50 Posts