DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car that smells like cigarette smoke inside pretty bad. I need to do something about it cuz it stinks. Any ideas?

·
Registered
990 Posts
ever heard of smoke away, It sounds stupid but works ok
Drive down the highway w/ windows down for a couple days

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
put drier sheets under the carpet and cut up apples and put them under the seat . this will absorb odors . if it is a dodge it is probably not cig smoke they were trying to burn the thing to the ground cause it was a p.o.s.

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
launchinfox said:
Do you always rhyme?

;)

I'll give that a try.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
You can spray some Febreeze in there and it will help the smell. I just bought a new truck and it smelled like smoke so I went to Autozone and bought one of those round air fresheners and it made the truck smell better.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,299 Posts
I replaced my carpet. While the seats were out gave them the cleaning of their lives.

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimmy cadillac said:
put drier sheets under the carpet and cut up apples and put them under the seat . this will absorb odors . if it is a dodge it is probably not cig smoke they were trying to burn the thing to the ground cause it was a p.o.s.
Screw you.

·
Registered
990 Posts
launchinfox said:
I had no idea, drank to much last night and it wont stop

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
I have bought my dad a thing from that store with all the gadgets. You plug it in to your cigerette lighter. Made a WORLD of difference in his truck, and he smokes like a chimney...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Get some of the air freshener called OZIUM from a car wash place. It's industrial strength freshener. It comes in a small spray bottle. Nothing stronger.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
jimmy cadillac said:
damn dodges stink anyways . i dont think youll ever get it out .try buying a mustang or change your name to dakota R
Whats wrong with Dakotas?:mad: I have a Dakota 5.9 R/T for my daily driver and it is a very nice truck.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
jimmy cadillac said:
LOL @ the dodge remark!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Need something to neutralize and absorb the odor. Try baking soda, carpet fresh, or some shit like that. Leave it in the carpet for a couple of days then vacuum it out. Also try leaving a dish of it sitting out in the cab all the time for a while. The biggest problem will be the headliner!! It gets most of the smoke and is the hardest to clean. Like he said Ozium is good @ neutralizing surface smells. Also clean the windows. Smoke film loves to stick to the windows. You are going to have a hell of a time getting that smell out no matter what you do besides gutting the whole interior!!:D Good luck!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Febreeze works pretty good, you should try cleaning the headliner and steam cleaning the carpet, seats etc...

If you still get the smell from the vents, try this...

Get a can of Lysol
Turn on and run the heater in your car for about 10-15 minutes
When it gets the vents warm, spray about half of the can into the fresh air inlet at your cowl
That will usually do the trick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts