DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Up in Smoke
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a huge event and hopefully they will be at the Texas Motor Speedway. Here's the info from hotrod.com

The 10th Annual Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, co-sponsored by Flowmaster Exhaust, will kick off an eight day run across the great American south on Friday, May 30, in Nashville, Tennessee, and will conclude on Friday June 6 in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.

The Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour will begin in the "music city" and will turn south to Memphis, Tennessee, Jackson, Mississippi, New Orleans, Lake Charles, and Shreveport, Louisiana. The "Lone Star state" will play host to the end of the tour. Fort Worth, Texas is the planned final stop, with the Long Haulers Presentation to take place on Friday, June 6, 2003.

As in the past the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour will cap off each day with a Cruise Night featuring an awesome display of cars, automotive aftermarket companies and lots of food and fun!

This annual automotive event will attract Original Equipment Manufacturers, leading high performance automotive aftermarket companies and major lifestyle sponsors.

Primedia and its popular enthusiast magazine Hot Rod , along with www.hotrod.com, will promote the event through editorial coverage and provide advertising and sponsorship opportunities.

The Promotion Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, and the parent company of the Special Events Performance Series will once again produce the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour.

Tour registration prices, sponsors and details will be available in the near future.

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
that is kickass. me and my dad have talked about doing that for years.

marcus

·
Up in Smoke
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2cammer97 said:
that is kickass. me and my dad have talked about doing that for years.

marcus

It's worth taking time to go. I have gone since 1998. Never had a chance to do the long haul, but it's fun no matter when you join in. Shreveport to Ft. Worth will be a cool trip. Watch for the police on the road though. Tends to be alot of racing in between stops. Taking my 69 Firebird this year.

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,738 Posts
That is awesome!!!! Chevy powered vehicles own the drag races at these events! Some of the people on the board should try to outrun them.

·
Up in Smoke
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66Deuce said:
That is awesome!!!! Chevy powered vehicles own the drag races at these events! Some of the people on the board should try to outrun them.

Are you selling Radar Detectors or something? LOL. :) The highway races are part of the fun, but you had better watch for the hwy patrol.

·
Up in Smoke
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
66Deuce said:
I was talking about this kind of racing.

http://www.headsupreview.com/event5cov.html
That would awesome if the Motorplex opened up for this event as well, but they're always so busy. A car show and a race afteward would be great. I'd put the Firebird up and pull out the Stang.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Power tour

If it ends up being that weekend it's going to be a pain in the a** I have season tickets to both tracks and that weekend is one of the craftsman truck and IRL races @ the main speedway. Either way i'll be there but i'd rather be there for the power tour wanted to do it for years.:D

·
Up in Smoke
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I encourage everyone to join the tour even if you can just make the Ft. Worth portion. If there are enough people, maybe they will come back again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts