DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
While I'm pretty sure UT will handle Nebraska, they will be the under-dog regardless of who they meet. The Big 12 has gotten very little credit this year, just as they have for several years. Maybe Florida and 'Bama are both better than Texas, but I would like to see the proof.

As far as non-UT fans not wanting to see them win, I still think it would bring some validity to the Big 12 as a whole. I felt like OU was going to win last year, and it would have given UT a little more credence.
Everyone thought USC was better than Texas back in 2005. Even USC thought they were better. Matt Leinart continued to think USC was better even after the game was over.

Florida and Bama may be better than Texas in a lot of publications and on a lot of talk shows but like you said, they will need to prove it just like Texas will have to prove that they are better than Nebraska.

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
Hey man I'll be the first Texas fan to admit that Texas got lucky this game. But sometimes you need luck on your side to win games.
And other times you need to play a team that can't win big games. Alabama needed to play Tennessee. But wait, SEC people call that game an "outstanding defensive effort" and this game an unfortunate turn of events.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.