DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 30 Posts

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
While I wish Nebraska could pull off the miracle, I don't even think a miracle would help them. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if UT blanked Nebraska on this one. One game away from a chance to reach redemption from last year? A weak ass Nebraska offense? While it will eat at me if UT wins a National Championship, I will applaud the fact that they took care of business this year. I don't think Nebraska will be any competition for them and a line of 14 is low.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
While I'm pretty sure UT will handle Nebraska, they will be the under-dog regardless of who they meet. The Big 12 has gotten very little credit this year, just as they have for several years. Maybe Florida and 'Bama are both better than Texas, but I would like to see the proof.

As far as non-UT fans not wanting to see them win, I still think it would bring some validity to the Big 12 as a whole. I felt like OU was going to win last year, and it would have given UT a little more credence.
The Big 12 has gotten little credit because it deserves little credit. I think this year is the worst year this conference as whole has had. Not only that, but every team is so damn inconsistent except for Texas...but even with them, early on their play was very, very inconsistent.

You would think UT haters would want them to win, but I would be the majority of OU and Aggie fans only wish defeat on them. That is whey they are bitter rivals. I know other Sooner fans feel differently than I do, but I don't want to see Texas win a championship, ever, but it is pretty obvious I am a cold heartless bastard.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
Holy fuck, Pelini should be fired right now and Zack Lee should be beaten to death by the defense. I can understand wanting to attempt a big play after a block punt to try and take the wind out of the sails of Texas, but when your quarterback fucking sucks, you don't. You continue to try and wear out that defense so in the 4th quarter if it is close, you can make some plays.

Good God Nebraska should be forced to forfeit for just being a bunch of dumb asses.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
No wonder I'm still married to wife #1.:wink:
We know why, it is either since she is a Texas fan, and is obviously stupid, she doesn't know any better....or, it is because you are a Texas fan and she is staying with you because you make her look like a MENSA member.

:firedevil:

Holy Shit...I actually laughed at something Brent Bevo said....after a UT penalty, "Well, I guess the defense can produce more yards than the offense"

Hate the fucker, but gotta give that line credit

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
I can't believe what I am seeing....

If they let that hack of a QB for Nebraska drop back to pass at this point, they should burn Pelini alive, at mid field, before the game is over. Run it and milk the clock and kick the FG if you can't score.

Texas might come back and score to with the game, but you at least leave them with the near impossible with that Nebraska defense. I haven't watched them play this year, and they are the best defense in the Big 12 this year without a doubt.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
Don't you wish the ags weren't so bad? Just like the Okies said last year, at least we got there!:wink:
this is true...Texas did what they had to do this year....although the Big 12 isn't as competitive this year as last year.

I honestly think TCU and Cinci got fucked this year...not because they deserve to be there instead of Texas, but because they are not even being considered. TCU has played a similar schedule as far as difficulty this year....but just like in the NBA where the superstars get the benefit of the doubt, here, the programs with prestige and history get the benefit of the doubt.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
Are you fucking kidden me? They magically put 1 second on the clock which they would NEVER do in any other game. Give me a break. They lost period. The refs turned the tables. Straight up bullshit.
Come on man, I hate Texas more than anyone on the face of the earth and even I know that is a bunch of crap. The bottom line is, Nebraska fucked up, big time. That Nebraska kicker is now the Bill Buckner of the NCAA.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
Well, UT pulled it out. They didn't deserve the win, in my opinion, but they got it and I'll take it. I don't even know that that makes sense.

Will TCU get Florida??
My old man said they were talking about TCU will get Boise State....which will be a bunch of bull shit. It is time the BCS either put up or shut up. But TCU, Boise State and Cinci, or as many as they can, up against Florida and USC. Show everyone how these teams stack up to the big boys....but they won't because if they do and they have a good showing, they are going to answer to why they weren't in the mix when trying to decide who plays for the MNC.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
I hope Alabama stomps your ass for that bullshit hand me down win. The best team I. Texas is TCU. But they will never get to prove it. Even Cincinatti is better. Bcs sucks. Period.
I really don't think this is a BCS issue. If we were still back to the multiple polls, we would still be having this debate. The problem isn't with the BCS in this case, the problem is with the polls. An undefeated Texas will always be ranked above an undefeated TCU. I even think that would happen even if TCU was fresh off of a National Championship season.

The lesser conferences don't get the respect the bigger name conferences do and until they pit some of these teams together, and maybe even on a consistent basis, it will always be that way.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
I hope for a TCU & Florida match up in the sugar bowl but I think we will get fucked. I think TCU will travel well to Louisiana compared to Florida or Arizona. If we end up playing Boise I'll be pissed, I'll be at the game but I'll be pissed:grumble:

Grats to Texas, good luck in the NC, its going to be tough! I think McCoy lost any chance for the Heisman, Ingram deserves it after the game today.:cool:
I don't know if McCoy lost it or Ingram deserves it, but if we are going to take into account the impact of the last games of the season, the kid from Clemson should be considered heavily after his performance today.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
To me, no playoff system=no decisive champion, and that is the way the conference big wigs want it. All the going back and forth with debates keep the ratings up, and controversary keeps the money rolling in, because everyone keeps it as a hot topic.
I am still not on board with a play off system. It will make games like tonight much less interesting. It will make games like the SEC Championship game the last few years less interesting....I think it will turn it into too much like NCAA basketball.

Not to mention, if you only allow, say the top teams of each conference, like last year they had that made up bracket that included Tulsa and Ball St. I mean seriously, last year there were probably 5 teams out of the Big 12 that should have been in any playoff over Tulsa and Ball St. So in the long run, you are back to square one with the same old bull shit we have year in and year out with situations like last year and Texas/OU, or this year with TCU/Cinci/Boise St. It will never end.

I actually just had a thought. Why don't the non BCS conferences get together and come up with their own Champions series? So you have maybe a Division 1A and a Division 1B Championship, then add a game where the two Champions play. I don't know, what if those Division 1B schools drop back into mediocrity and end up being no competition. I guess it wouldn't hurt anything, fuck I don't know. College football has always made my head hurt. It is broken and there is no way to fix it, and that is the bottom line, so everyone should just not worry about and let those that have to answer for the results deal with it.

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
I felt like Texas did nothing to win this game. Bottom line is, like they always say, good teams find ways to win, and Texas did just that.
so which is it? They did nothing to win, or they found a way to win, which implies they did something?

Do you possibly mean, by the way the played they didn't deserve to win, but at the end of the game they capitalized on the mistakes Nebraska made, and that is what good teams do? Although capitalized on the mistakes is used very loosely here.....they got lucky at that is the bottom line. If only one of those 3 things in that series of events turns out differently, Texas loses. Ball doesn't go out of bound son the kick off, no horse collar, and one more second off the clock, Horns fans are in here whining, not cheering.

did anyone watch the replay of the horse collar call? I don't know the specifics of the rule, but he wasn't brought down with a horse collar. he grabbed at the back of his pads and that slowed him down, and the Nebraska guy ended up pulling him down by his jersey, not his pads. I just figured he was dragged down by the pads...I guess if you just grab at them from the back of the pad, whither you take them down or not, it is a penalty. Just funny how quickly you can miss something when it happens.

1 - 19 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.