DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess UT is favored by 14? Sounds a little high to me, but I'm not really a gambling man. Eddie George on ESPN, picked the Husker's for an upset in this one. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UT by 17+ or UT wins by a FG..

If UT wins the toss they need to get the ball first and put pressure on Neb.to score. That offense is TURRIBLE.
Traditionally, Mack Brown gives up the ball on the toss. Don't know why, but he's pretty consistant on that.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coaches usually do this for 2 reasons. First, they have supreme confidence in their defense. The second revolves around halftime. Ideally they'd like to score right before halftime and then come out and score again on the opening drive. That's a dagger for other teams. The other side of that is that if trailing, the offense gets a chance to review/change at halftime and then come out to set the tone for the second half right away.

I've always wondered why all coaches didn't do this.
I've always felt like Brown likes to have the ball after half time. It seems like UT scores right before the half, then gets the ball again at the onset of the second half. It does seem VERY effective, at least for UT.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While I wish Nebraska could pull off the miracle, I don't even think a miracle would help them. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if UT blanked Nebraska on this one. One game away from a chance to reach redemption from last year? A weak ass Nebraska offense? While it will eat at me if UT wins a National Championship, I will applaud the fact that they took care of business this year. I don't think Nebraska will be any competition for them and a line of 14 is low.
While I'm pretty sure UT will handle Nebraska, they will be the under-dog regardless of who they meet. The Big 12 has gotten very little credit this year, just as they have for several years. Maybe Florida and 'Bama are both better than Texas, but I would like to see the proof.

As far as non-UT fans not wanting to see them win, I still think it would bring some validity to the Big 12 as a whole. I felt like OU was going to win last year, and it would have given UT a little more credence.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree but doubt neb scores more than 10 unless special teams or D scores. I think UT holds to FG until 4th qtr and the back ups play.
Nebraska needs to be VERY motivated. Winning the Big 12 can be a motivating factor, but UT will be really focused on this game, and I'm fairly certain that the defense will be more effective than they were with A&M.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I would be more concerned he doesn't cost them a shot at the title.
The Heisman is done. 2 INT's in the national spotlight took care of that. I'm betting he already knows that. Let's see if he can play for some pride and a shot at the title.

Side-note: It's my anniversary, and my wife wanted to stay home and watch football! No wonder I'm still married to wife #1.:wink:

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
We know why, it is either since she is a Texas fan, and is obviously stupid, she doesn't know any better....or, it is because you are a Texas fan and she is staying with you because you make her look like a MENSA member.

:firedevil:

Holy Shit...I actually laughed at something Brent Bevo said....after a UT penalty, "Well, I guess the defense can produce more yards than the offense"

Hate the fucker, but gotta give that line credit
You're still a dick, and I haven't forgotten that we still have a date...

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
LOL congrats on such a great game tonight and the momentum UT has built between the last two Big 12 games heading into the Championship Game.
I don't even know why you post your crap on here. You have no dog in this fight...

A 10 point win in College Station is not bad. Have your beloved ags fallen that far?

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
so which is it? They did nothing to win, or they found a way to win, which implies they did something?

Do you possibly mean, by the way the played they didn't deserve to win, but at the end of the game they capitalized on the mistakes Nebraska made, and that is what good teams do? Although capitalized on the mistakes is used very loosely here.....they got lucky at that is the bottom line. If only one of those 3 things in that series of events turns out differently, Texas loses. Ball doesn't go out of bound son the kick off, no horse collar, and one more second off the clock, Horns fans are in here whining, not cheering.

did anyone watch the replay of the horse collar call? I don't know the specifics of the rule, but he wasn't brought down with a horse collar. he grabbed at the back of his pads and that slowed him down, and the Nebraska guy ended up pulling him down by his jersey, not his pads. I just figured he was dragged down by the pads...I guess if you just grab at them from the back of the pad, whither you take them down or not, it is a penalty. Just funny how quickly you can miss something when it happens.

Looking at the rule, it says the concern is the position it puts the player in and it didn't specify grabbing jersey, pads, etc.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Good god that was an amazing last few minutes of that game. Props to Nebraskas defense. That Suh or whatever guy is a freaking monster. It's a good thing the Longhorn's defense showed up cause Nebraska tore up Texas' O-line. Didn't think it would be that close but it made for a much more exciting end.
Suh should be a Heisman contender...seriously.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
I find it funny you are making fun of others for not living in reality but called a "time out" LOL. I also think you are the one not being realistic for most of us do, have and will bash anothers team when they so much as struggle for a 1/4 let alone a game LOL. We are all petty about games on this site and that is why it is fun. It has nothing to do with expecting to be called into the game it has everything to do with having an outlet. If this is to much for you, you may want to leave it alone because it is not going to change. I am waiting with great anticipation for the National Title game with the hope that UT will lose LOL. That way UT fans can do just like OU fans from last Jan and say "at least we made it" while we AGS can once again say "just wait til next year" LOL.
This coming from a guy who's Aggies have never even gotten a whiff of the BCS Bowl's panties? Please give me a break. I think that Palestine water is giving your brain lack of oxygen. OU fans had every right to say that. As much as I disliked it, they got there. You're damn right the UT fans are happy to have them there, because ANYTHING can happen. That's why they play the game. So while your entire season is based on hoping UT loses a game, the UT fans' season is based entirely on winning a National Title? Anything wrong with this picture? For as far back as I can remember (and I'm older than most on this board), the Aggie battle cry has been, "Beat Texas". When you base your entire season on one game, I think your sights are set a little low. Many Aggie coaches have lost jobs over that Thanksgiving Day game....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.