DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a kidney stone now. First it was gout, and then I got that under control by cutting out the spicy foods, now, a kidney stone. Hip Hip Hooooorrrrayyy.

Not only that, but I don't have insurance. I called about it, but they won't be able to process me for insurance til Monday, then it will take a day or so to get the policy written, then I can make an appointment with the doctor.

So I've gone a week, with what I thought was lower back pain, to find out, it's probably a kidney stone. And it'll be a week before I can see a doctor about it.

This is lovely

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Ah shit, sorry to hear that. I wish kidney stones on no man.

But, if possible, when you pass it, please post a pic of it in the Picture Forum. TIA.

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
Good gawd! This guy at work had one, they tried to carry him out and he fell over crying like a baby, then waited for the ambulance. Said it was the worst pain he had ever felt, ever. Even worse than... Well, hope you're OK. :eek:

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
this EXACT thing happened to my wife's aunt and uncle. they started the atkins diet, and after a few weeks/months (i really don't know exactly how long they were on it) BOTH of them had kidney stones! they were in and out of the hospital, over that, for some time.

brad

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
OMG... Sounds horrible. And Ive had someone close to me have one and boy was he in pain. Made his first trip ever to a hospital when he was passing it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i'm begining to think that with my age, the atkins is what's causing my uric acid problems.

I've been on for three weeks, this round, and bam, kidney stones

luckily they aren't as painful as i've heard. they suck, but i'm not going to the hospital, unless i just have to.

the pain comes and goes.

I'll hopefully have medical insurance by wed, thurs. i'll go to the doctor then if i haven't passed it

·
you stinky bitch
3,728 Posts
luckily they aren't as painful as i've heard. they suck, but i'm not going to the hospital, unless i just have to.

Tip of the iceberg homeboy, get ready man the pain trains a comin

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
i've had some serious pain this week, tuesday i was full of vicodin, and that was my most painful day

it's the lowest it's been yet, almost pelvis pain, and it comes and goes, so i'm pretty sure it's on the way out.

hopefully she's a small one

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Da Prez said:
fuck that i am happy staying fat...:D
LMFAO!!!

BTW, a few of my co-workers are on the Atkins, I told them about the Uric acid/Gout problems, and they defend it like no other!! I'm LOL at them! I told them to give me a call when they develop kidney stones.... People:rolleyes:

Anyway, Matt, good luck with this, and live to learn. Atkins is a bad thing. (I think anyway)

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Are you drinking enough water while on the Atkins diet Matt? Drink it like mad. If your pee is any color other than clear you probably should be drinking more water.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think the atkins is a bad diet, in fact i think it's a great diet.

but for me, for some reason i'm having uric acid problems, hell it could just be my body + atkins.

I've lost 60+ pounds on the atkins, I guess it's time to hit the gym, and actually take on the rest of my weight with real exercise and a sensible diet.

Oh yeah, and I passed the stone last night, it wasn't bad at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts