DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pitchin and flippin
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to put my system in my 2010 ford, basicly 2 amps and a sub but I don't want to change out the stock radio. Will all this stuff hook up or am I going to need something like a JL clean sweep?

·
DFWS
6,989 Posts
Sorry, f150. Has the sync shit too.
email/call them if you plan on buying from them or not an get a quick answer on the install an go from there! haha thats what i do and it does give you a plan on how to do it. they are more expensive but you do get installation instructions and whatever gizmo's to make it work.

·
DFWS
6,989 Posts

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Whatever.
I would use an active line output converter like an Audio Control LC6 or Cashe 2 channel or 6 channel LOC. Passive converters are cheaper but the fidelity is worse especially on the bass and the higher you turn the volume on the deck, the worse the bass gets. Active LOC's also ahev line drivers to increase the signal into the amp. You could also incorporate a JL Audio CL-RLC if you wanted to have a remote bass volume.
Some amps, like JL Audio, allow you to connect speaker wire to an rca end and plug it directly into the amp with no LOC needed.

·
Pitchin and flippin
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatever.
I would use an active line output converter like an Audio Control LC6 or Cashe 2 channel or 6 channel LOC. Passive converters are cheaper but the fidelity is worse especially on the bass and the higher you turn the volume on the deck, the worse the bass gets. Active LOC's also ahev line drivers to increase the signal into the amp. You could also incorporate a JL Audio CL-RLC if you wanted to have a remote bass volume.
Some amps, like JL Audio, allow you to connect speaker wire to an rca end and plug it directly into the amp with no LOC needed.
Which one of those two do think is best?
I'm using jl amps 300/4 and 500/1

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Audio control but I would attach RCAs to the speaker wire first and add a JL CL-RLC knob. If you have noise issues, I would add a processor. The JL amps do not need a line output converter.
I would run RCA's from the deck to the amp so they are in the dash if you decide to change decks later and I would attach RCA ends to the speaker wire outputs of the deck.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Audio control but I would attach RCAs to the speaker wire first and add a JL CL-RLC knob. If you have noise issues, I would add a processor. The JL amps do not need a line output converter.
I would run RCA's from the deck to the amp so they are in the dash if you decide to change decks later and I would attach RCA ends to the speaker wire outputs of the deck.
This man knows what he's talking about!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.