DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MFFL!
15,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a helluva game against Seattle. We won 118-116 on a shot by Walker at the buzzer. This was a back and forth game and I think Nowitzki ended up with 43 points.

HELL YEAH!!

GO MAVS!!

·
Banned
2,066 Posts
Sweet! What does that make 9 wins in a row ?

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
i had to follow the game online. i'll have to see the buzzer shot on sportscenter.

GO MAVS!!! keep the streak goin!

marcus

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
i can't believe dirk was 16-22 from the field including 8-11 from three point land. he's playing like his old self.

Howard had another quiet but solid game: 8 rebounds (5 offensive), 5 points, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 1 blk in 29 min. :)

marcus

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
I still think they need to dump walker. I could play in the NBA and throw up 30 shots a night and score 20+.

·
Big Fundamental
911 Posts
Great game. Since it had little to do with the outcome, I will say that there is NO way that was a flagrant foul. What is this, soccer? When the garbage that Dallas jacks up goes in, damn they are fun to watch.

·
R.E.N.G.
2,919 Posts
Sean88gt said:
I still think they need to dump walker. I could play in the NBA and throw up 30 shots a night and score 20+.
I agree, hitting the winning shot only hides the fact that he jacked up a forced 3 and committed an open court foul when in the penalty that almost cost them the game. his "heroic" shot wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't already given the game away. none the less a win is a win, and this was an awesome game to watch, unfortunately they have a hard fought emotionally draining game on the first night of a back to back

·
R.E.N.G.
2,919 Posts
VetEtr said:
Great game. Since it had little to do with the outcome, I will say that there is NO way that was a flagrant foul. What is this, soccer? When the garbage that Dallas jacks up goes in, damn they are fun to watch.
even if the rule doesn't require it, there was no play on the ball. potapenko(sp?) was only trying to stop dirk not the ball, the elbow hit the face with his hand barely reaching below dirk's elbow. solid call!

·
Thread Kill
3,248 Posts
VetEtr said:
you're an idiot and that's all the time I'm wasting on you, you've proved over the past two days that your thoughts on basketball are unbelievably ignorant.

·
Thread Kill
3,248 Posts
Turd said:
I agree, hitting the winning shot only hides the fact that he jacked up a forced 3 and committed an open court foul when in the penalty that almost cost them the game. his "heroic" shot wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't already given the game away. none the less a win is a win, and this was an awesome game to watch, unfortunately they have a hard fought emotionally draining game on the first night of a back to back

stop hating on walker, anyone can make a mistake here or there:mad:

;)

·
Big Fundamental
911 Posts
99SVTour said:
you're an idiot and that's all the time I'm wasting on you, you've proved over the past two days that your thoughts on basketball are unbelievably ignorant.
You wouldn't be referring to my "fire nellie, trade finley and walker" comment would you? Please grow a sense of humor and notice there was a grin next to that. You guys overreact about everything.

Interesting comment anyway coming from someone who says "Stop hating on Walker". You gonna give him a pass because he finally hit a shot? All that practice throwing up 28 footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock finally paid off. He should leave the outside shooting to the guys that are known for hitting the shots. Nash for instance rarely misses anything when there's under a minute to go.

Turd, I thought Potapenko was going for the block and Dirk just outjumped him. It looked like a Shaq flagrant to me, where they call it based on the fact that the guy got hurt. Matt Pinto mentioned that it could have been a flagrant 2, which is a homer call.

·
Thread Kill
3,248 Posts
I'm giving Walker a pass because Walker has started to do just that, pass, like he was brought here to do. And as far as your ignorance I was reffering to this "When the garbage that Dallas jacks up goes in". I guess if it's garbage then Dirks 16-22 was just luck too .

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Turd said:
Sorry Brent, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there. Before Walker jacked up that three pointer, and fouled in the open court, Dirk missed two free throws. If he had made those, it probably wouldn't have come down to a last second shot.

This team needs to stay like it is. Walker may be hoisting up 15+ a game, but he's also contributing everywhere else on the floor.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts