DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MFFL!
15,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this off of a board member a while back...used it when I was racing my GT. It's been sitting around for about 2 years now. It's still in great shape. It's very clean. It does have several minor nicks/scratches which don't show in the pictures. You have to look fairly close to notice them. Size XL. $45 obo.

·
MFFL!
15,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M.O.D. said:
is that helmet for a bike? why so cheap?
It is a bike helmet, but I bought it from a board member so I'd be legal at the track back when I was running 12s in my GT. I don't race anymore, so I don't need the helmet. It's cheap because it's about 3 yrs old or so. It's still in good shape though and very clean.

·
Shakin them haters off!
5,691 Posts
mustang_marc said:
It's cheap because it's about 3 yrs old or so. It's still in good shape though and very clean.
Thats cool, it looks nice. The only reason I ask, cause i was thinking, for something that is supposed to protect you and save your life while riding was pretty cheap. I thought most helmets were in the 300+ range, but i guess its just depends on the brand you decide to go with. I may be interested in it, if it fits me. :eek:

·
MFFL!
15,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M.O.D. said:
Thats cool, it looks nice. The only reason I ask, cause i was thinking, for something that is supposed to protect you and save your life while riding was pretty cheap. I thought most helmets were in the 300+ range, but i guess its just depends on the brand you decide to go with. I may be interested in it, if it fits me. :eek:
Yeah, it depends on a lot of things...but this helmet isn't mint or a would ask for more...but if you went to buy a plain helmet for the track with no face guard, you'd spend $45 easily, so this will be a good deal for someone. It's XL - is that your size?

BUMP.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
I paid $150 or so for my HJC AC-11 helmet so what Marc is asking is very reasonable and looks to be in very good condition. Helmet prices very, the more money you pay is for a lighter helmet and more features like removeable liner.

$45 is a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I might be interested. Is it snell approved (track legal)?

It is actually for my wife so hopefully it wouldn't be too big.

·
MFFL!
15,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5111 said:
I might be interested. Is it snell approved (track legal)?

It is actually for my wife so hopefully it wouldn't be too big.
Unfortunately, I don't know the specs of the helmet, other than that it does have the DOT stamp on the back...so it's street legal. I don't know about being snell approved. If he has a lot of hair, it might be just right for her. I wear a 7 1/2 hat and this thing is a little tight on me, so it'd probably be just right for someone who wears a 7-7 1/4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts