DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Television taste funny
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error

Of course it shows this with the blue screen of death, and if I let it sit for about 20 mintues it will ask for the system disk.

Anyone know what has happened?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts
There are several possible reasons for this error. The error itself is produced when the Windows kernel tries to read memory from the paging or swap file and for some reason is unable to do so. Most often this sort of error is caused by either a bad hard drive or a defective bit of cabling. It is also caused by failing hardware of other kinds- usually a bad RAM module, something which in itself is probably responsible for about a good half of the random crashes/lockups that happen on a computer. Is your computer store bought or did you build it?
 

·
Television taste funny
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pc runs just fine, and if I leave it idle for a few and then it hits. It also has been "locking up" the last few days as well where you can move the mouse but that is it. Even if you turn the power to the pc off it will not turn off. You have to disconnect the power to re-boot.

If this helps, I have not added any new software or hardware.
 

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
Joined
·
21,924 Posts
What is the status code, usually it will be 0xC0000.... or something. Like 0xC00009A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts
Like I said, you have a faulty ram module or HDD going south. My moneys on the ram, what type of system do you have?
 

·
11-05-09
Joined
·
21,427 Posts
96MYSTIC said:
The pc runs just fine, and if I leave it idle for a few and then it hits. It also has been "locking up" the last few days as well where you can move the mouse but that is it. Even if you turn the power to the pc off it will not turn off. You have to disconnect the power to re-boot.

If this helps, I have not added any new software or hardware.


Just give it to Cody, He'll de-bug it!
 

·
Television taste funny
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Half and Half.

It's an HP P4 1.4GHZ 1GB ram 40GB HD.

What I have added is better video, sound (SB Audigy), memory (Kingston)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts
Which video card is it? Where did you buy the ram? The ram on the video card could be bad as well. You could have statically damaged one or more of those components by touching them, Ive seen it happen all too often. Take the video card and memory back and get them swapped ASAP.
 

·
Television taste funny
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Erfan Z28 said:
Which video card is it? Where did you buy the ram?
My bad, wrong machine. No video upgrade in this one.

RAM???? You know I'm a reseller, I don't pay for RAM.........straight from Kingston. ;)
 

·
Television taste funny
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am now betting on the HD going south. I was getting that lovely clicking sound a few weeks ago but it honestly sounded more like the fan rubbing when it booted up, but has since passed.

Guess it's time to start backing up. :( damn damn damn
 

·
11-05-09
Joined
·
21,427 Posts
96MYSTIC said:
I am now betting on the HD going south. I was getting that lovely clicking sound a few weeks ago but it honestly sounded more like the fan rubbing when it booted up, but has since passed.

Guess it's time to start backing up. :( damn damn damn

Have fun!:D
 

·
98 SVT Cobra
Joined
·
5,109 Posts
:D
 

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
Joined
·
21,924 Posts
96MYSTIC said:
I am now betting on the HD going south. I was getting that lovely clicking sound a few weeks ago but it honestly sounded more like the fan rubbing when it booted up, but has since passed.

Guess it's time to start backing up. :( damn damn damn
Dude, before you run out and replace and restore your hard drive.... bring up My Computer, right click the drive and click the tools tab.

Run Error Checking from there, but don't select either of the check boxes.

If the report tells you you have errors and it isn't a shit load of errors, rerun it and check both boxes.

Sectors on hard drives go bad all the time. If windows has its swapfile on one of those sectors, it will also cause you problems.

Also, if that doesn't work, open your case, and make sure all your cables are properly seated and you didn't get heat creep on the cables.
 

·
11-05-09
Joined
·
21,427 Posts
01WhiteCobra said:
Dude, before you run out and replace and restore your hard drive.... bring up My Computer, right click the drive and click the tools tab.

Run Error Checking from there, but don't select either of the check boxes.

If the report tells you you have errors and it isn't a shit load of errors, rerun it and check both boxes.

Sectors on hard drives go bad all the time. If windows has its swapfile on one of those sectors, it will also cause you problems.

Also, if that doesn't work, open your case, and make sure all your cables are properly seated and you didn't get heat creep on the cables.



Umm, Mike knows what he's doing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Here is a possible fix or at least recovery to your problem. The problem sounds very familiar to me from other XP systems. If you bought the machine from somewhere with XP pre-loaded, then the manufacturer did a mass ghosting using Symantec. If so, an error can occur because files were skipped or not properly transferred from the master hard drive they copied from. Also, they could have been using a slightly different board, that would not detect the settings were different until some change in a system identity (such as memory, video you installed). From here, you can do this: Use Symantec ghost and copy your old hard drive settings to a new hard drive, that way you will not lose what is saved on the HDD, if it is important and you want to pay the cash for another HDD. Also, you can go into the BIOS before doing anything to the computer or HDD, and change the BIOS setting back to default. This can sometimes restore what the computer it basically designed to perform. We had over 200 computers do this at my work this summer, and we found a remedy to fix them, one of these two methods, even though it took forever, but hey that was overtime pay for us.:D
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top