DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a search but couldn't find the info I needed, I know there are some paint and body people on here.

I want to repaint my 93GT, and wondered if there were any good books out there i.e. very detailed?

Also does anyone have any tips on painting a GT, like how much flex agent to apply, and do you only apply it on the rear and front bumper?

Does anyone have the name/part # I will need for the base coat clear coat offhand? I plan on repainting it the same color ReefBlue and making it one colr as it is two-tone right now.

Thanks for all the help

·
If the shoe fits......
5,406 Posts
i don't know about books. But yes you only apply the flex agent to the paint that is being sprayed on the bumper covers. Also it varies some as to how many step paint that the factory colors are. I ended up with a one step paint, this time. Last time it was two step(base coat,clear coat). I use english color plano off ave k. Nice folks and they can tell you how many step paint your color is.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
You can take a piece like the fuel tank door in to the paint store, they will be able to exactly match the color, and also tell you which type paint, BC/CC, enamel. Want some tips, take them a six pack and talk shop, most of them paint or used to. They are an excellent source of info. They should also be able to mix just by a paint code for the car. Different manufactures will have diff part #'s. Stick with one paint line, until completion to avoid compatibility.
I spray the sheetmetal, then add the flex and shoot the bumpers. Ask the supplier about agent types and mixing ratios for his brand of paint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your paintcode is on the driverside door. In this case your paintcode is PD, and it is a two step paint base coat clear coat. Just got to English Color and give them the PD paintcode and you will be set. As far as the flex agent you only apply it to the bumpers and moulding. So if you bump somthing or someone it has less chance of cracking.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone, I will have to make that trip up there to English Color, next month for Christmas:D

And yes Evil93 I plan on keeping it Reefblue, after all that's why I bought the car..the color, still haven't seen alot the same color.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
The same reason why i wanted my stang as well, for one cause it had manual locks and windows and was a 5 speed but the color was so unique, i like blue and green and i got a mix!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts