DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to get a 90-93 fox body and get into road racing u have any idea what mods to go w/ like motor and suspension work ? any ideas will realy help me out thanx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Some suspension mods I've done (and I do road-race):

Full-length Subframe connectors, Eibach springs, strut tower brace, Caster/Camber plates, Bilstein front and rear struts, 15,000 mile tires or stickier, aftermarket break pads battery Relocation (to trunk) Kit, etc., etc., etc.

·
Registered
934 Posts
MidnightRunner said:
Buy a Porsche
Good advice. No matter what car you decide to run, start out by deciding what series and class (out of the ones your car fits into) that you want to run. The rules will dictate what mods you can and can't make.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
In Texas A sedan is pretty popular and competitive. You will do fine with a fox. Class limit is I beleive 310 cu in. So even the late model f-bods have to run a 305. It is mostly 3rd gen f-bods, but a guy with a black LX hatch or Bob Hahn in his sn-95 usually dominate. Get on the SCCA web site and order a rule book. Call Maximum Motorsports once you get some direction. A Sedan is cool, carb'd and simple. Nice sized fields with good competition.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Do you want to Auto Cross, Road Race, or just roll in some open track events?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts