DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
KEK
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my situation. I need a loan for about 8,500-9,000 for a vehicle. I'm unemployed but I do work sort of for myself, as I detail cars. I'm also currently collecting a small unemployment check every week. I make plenty of money to pay insurance and a car payment right now but if I can get a car I can make even more. And this time of year is obviously the best to make some quick bucks for detailers. There's no point in going out and getting a job where I spend more time working, and making by far less money that what I do now. Also I'm in the Military and my leave date is the 28th of June so that again is a another reason not to find a regular job. I'd just like to have another car before I leave so I don't have to worry about not having a ride when I'm in school. My parents and family refuse to help me and I honestly don't know what to do. I'm 19 and I've never been in this type of situation before so don't bash my stupidity. I just need a few pointers or any places that could help me..TIA

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
Do you have a car at all now? Sounds like you need to suck it up on the detailing gig and get a job that you can take the bus, etc to.

·
KEK
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GE said:
Do you have a car at all now? Sounds like you need to suck it up on the detailing gig and get a job that you can take the bus, etc to.
No I do not. I just don't see a point to go out, find another job then 2 months or less turn around and quit when I leave for basic. And seeing I have no ride my options are limited and I make more money at what I'm doing now then I can make at the few options I have...
KJ94GT - True, but after I get out of basic I'll be able to have a car, I just want to get one now so I don't have to worry about it then. Mayne I will just have to suck it up I just want to see my options.

K

·
0 Posts
f0ur sixer said:
No I do not. I just don't see a point to go out, find another job then 2 months or less turn around and quit when I leave for basic. And seeing I have no ride my options are limited and I make more money at what I'm doing now then I can make at the few options I have...
KJ94GT - True, but after I get out of basic I'll be able to have a car, I just want to get one now so I don't have to worry about it then. Mayne I will just have to suck it up I just want to see my options.
You'll get a better deal once you're in.

·
aggie97's protege'
2,545 Posts
no bank in the world would givee anone loan that didnt have a job .,., I understanf the you make money .,., but .,, cash dont mean squat in the finance world .,., no paystub showing .,., that you have been at your job for more than 6 months no dice in most cases .,.,

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
You don't want to go into the service owing $8-9K on some beater. That'd totally suck having to pay on a car that you can't drive, you know? Hell, at this point I'd suck it up and be a moochass off the parents until you ship out. :)

·
Texas Gumballer
2,257 Posts
GE said:
You don't want to go into the service owing $8-9K on some beater. That'd totally suck having to pay on a car that you can't drive, you know? Hell, at this point I'd suck it up and be a moochass off the parents until you ship out. :)

i concur and when you get back you would be able to have a better choice of a car. save save save

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Why not try and get a small S.B.A. (small business administration) loan? Not sure how that all works, but I've heard it's fairly easy to get a loan that way to start a new business venture. There's probably a website somewhere out there.

Rob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts