DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Served Time
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I downloaded Win ME from Kazaa. When I try to install it, it says an OS is already installed. How can I do this? I need a 98SE or later OS to run a PC I got real cheap. (know what I mean?) Can any one help? Oh, It is currently running win 98.

Thanks,
Scott.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
The file you downloaded from kazaa is most likely an ISO, have you made it into a cd?

·
Served Time
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really want ME. Like I said I got this thing very cheap. The HD was erased etc. I installed 95 then 98 upgrade. I am still having problems loading a driver for the intel/pro 100 vm network connection. I need this to work to hook up my DSL. The original OS that came with this box was XP professional.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
It sounds like you got the ME full version and you need ME upgrade. There used to be a way to trick W98 to install an upgrade with a full version, but not sure with ME.

I dont think you should install ME in the first place. Its a piece of crap. You should be able to get the driver loaded with W98.
Note that the driver model changed from W98 first edition and W98 second edition. You might try the W95 driver if you have Windows 98 A.

Why did you take XP off in the first place?

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
boozin_late said:
Serves you right having all these problems.
Go out and BUY a copy of Windows.

What comes around .....goes around.

Normally I would help someone when they have Microsoft issues......but not when the user has STOLEN a copy.
:rolleyes:

Let me know, I got 98, 2000 pro, or xp pro I can give you.

·
Served Time
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did you take XP off in the first place?
The Guy I got the box from did it.

Serves you right having all these problems.
I guess it does. I still did it anyway. Maybe the Microsoft karma machine will get me.

Let me know, I got 98, 2000 pro, or xp pro I can give you.
Thanks for the offer.

Thanks to all who tried to help me. I loaded the 98SE and it is working fine. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.