DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 5 weeks or so I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times a week doing a pretty good workout in my opinion (3 exercises for each muscle, every other day). Usually after my workout me and my buddy will go up to the high school and run sprints since we hate distance running. We will usually do 6-8 50 yard full sprints w/ a 50 yard jog to the goal line. Then we will do 2-4 100 yard sprints. We will usually rest 2-3 minutes between each one, so we're out there usually 20-30 minutes.

In addition to this I have been drinking water or unsweetened tea with every meal instead of Kool Aid or Coke, cut out all fast food, and just generally have been watching what I eat. My meals usually consist of yogurt for breakfast (need something on the go), a turkey and cheese sandwich w/ a little mayo and chips for lunch ( i have to have SOME junk food) and my dinners differ alot but generally have some sort of pasta and meat.

So far I haven't seen any results. I look more muscular and have stayed at the same weight (of course meaning I've lost fat) but I was hoping for something noticable, like a smaller waist or less fat on my face.

Am I not doing something right or am I just not patient enough? I read through alot of other posts and people were advised to stay away from simple sugars but I'm not aware of what a simple sugar is. What else can I do diet or exercise wise to help burn some fat? I'd love to stay my same weight (5'10 177) but have a lower BMI.

If you're still reading at this point, thanks. :)

·
Large Member
2,330 Posts
Simple sugars are those found in candy and sodas and junk food. If you really want to burn fat you need to eat more meals a day. By eating more frequently your metabolism stays higher. Also long distance running or bike riding at a steady pace is best for burning fat. Running sprints builds your endurance.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/fatlossdiet.php

Nothing happens over night so be patient. Start reading.

Hope this help you.

·
Which one's the clutch?
2,313 Posts
you need to get on some wieght loss pills for an extra boost.

:D j/k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts