DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help from yall trying to figure out how much my car is worth. Is there anyone or place that does appraisals on performance cars? I am looking into trading my coupe for a teal on black 93 cobra but I am doing it as a trade + cash with cobra186 anyone who has seen my car help me with an estimate also more info on mods etc.. is on the for sale vehicles board under WTT clean coupe for 93 cobra

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chris98GT said:
You're smoking crack.

Maximum I'd spend would be 3500.
TFS TW HEADS, TFS Street Intake, 3/8 spacer, E303 cam, FMS 1.6RR, MAC CAI, BBK 70 mm tb and spacer, 24# injectors, C&L 73mm MAF, Ram clutch, AL driveshaft, 3:55 Gears, Steeda Upper and Lower control arms, Eiback springs, KYB 4 way adjustables, Hotchkis camber caster plates, Weld Draglites, HPM Subframes, NX wet kit (100), Custom purge, 2.75 cowl, 3 core radiator

Thats a good $2000 in mods, with good paint, it would easily be sold on ebay for $7,000.

·
None
10,576 Posts
So? They aren't of the type to increase the resale value of the car. Instead of what's listed, let's look at what ISN'T listed: Stock block, stock internals, stock transmission, and to top off the cake: JUICED.

If there was anything that would raise the value of the car it would be a builtup powerplant with matching driveline. As it is, it's just like the majority of other 5.0's out there. No matter how much money you throw into your car, you RARELY if ever get it back when you sell.

In case I haven't been clear: Mods Don't Matter.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
91Coupe said:
TFS TW HEADS, TFS Street Intake, 3/8 spacer, E303 cam, FMS 1.6RR, MAC CAI, BBK 70 mm tb and spacer, 24# injectors, C&L 73mm MAF, Ram clutch, AL driveshaft, 3:55 Gears, Steeda Upper and Lower control arms, Eiback springs, KYB 4 way adjustables, Hotchkis camber caster plates, Weld Draglites, HPM Subframes, NX wet kit (100), Custom purge, 2.75 cowl, 3 core radiator

Thats a good $2000 in mods, with good paint, it would easily be sold on ebay for $7,000.
I am thinking more like 5k in mods on that car. Just think about all the little junk you have to buy when you put that stuff on. Even if most of the stuff was used when he bought it I would bet it was well more than 2k in mods. There are some things that are on it that I bet aren't in that sig if you are wondering where my figures are coming from...like exhaust. It really depends on how clean and straight the car is. I know someone with a coupe with VERY similar mods who is looking to get $8500 for his 91:eek:

Everyone has there own oppinions....I wouldn't want to pay more than $5500 for it if it was nice, but I would want at least $6500 for it if I sold it :D Coupes are in high demand these days, you wold be surprised to see what CLEAN coupes get to on ebay.

·
Foxbody King
26,167 Posts
i'm not knocking the car or reggie! very sharp car, but 10k parting it out?, hell i have ll the same but the heads, i even have rear disc and black interior, and 17's i doubt i could get 10k parting my cobra out!!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chris98GT said:
So? In case I haven't been clear: Mods Don't Matter.
Chill with the holier-than-thou attitue, cowboy.

Why don't you guys ask whiteboy, or look in the auto trader. A heads cam fox mustang will pull 6k - 7k, specially on welds. Do I need to bring up the fact, for every 1 person that knows a subject, there is about 50 that don't? If that car has clean paint, I bet he can pull in $7k if he words it right and waits the market out. Hell, I sold a beat up teal coupe with frame damage, no mods besides mufflers for $5,500.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
Chris98GT said:
JUICED.

No matter how much money you throw into your car, you RARELY if ever get it back when you sell.

remove the juice :D

That is 100% true for the most part. In fact mods hurt the resale of some cars. If you had lowering springs, big rims, and exhaust on a clk 55 amg I bet it would hurt the resale, but mods on these old foxes improves the resale over a stocker, but not near what you put in it. Everyone that buys these cars is doing the same thing with them. I would rather buy his 87 for $5500 (if it is clean) than a stock 87 for $4500 (if the condition is the same) but thats just me. New rings and bearing are cheap, t-5's can be rebuilt in your garage for a couple hundred dollars :D

·
Foxbody King
26,167 Posts
think about it i paid 6,500 for my 1992 gt green w/ gray lower,306,alum heads intake,cam,exhaust,chrome ponys,springs,full system,tremmec,gears, it had everything i sold it for $7,000 (shoulda kept it!!)

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
Chris98GT said:

3 of those cars had salvage titles right? All of them had stock paint right? They were all much more stock than blue coupes car right? Two were ghetto sleds...did you even look at that junk that pulled 4grand? I you don't consider that ugly thing in the same class as his car? Did you see the gauges?

Whiteboy, how much do you get for your coupes, and how do they compare to his car?

I know you wouldn't pay more than $3500, but I tihnk a lot of people would. This is something for him and Cobra 186 to work out.

·
Foxbody King
26,167 Posts
my 91minreal grey coupe heads cam intake sold for 5k
my 92 blk/blk coupe, heads cam rims 5lug cowl had everything 5.5k but body and paint didnt look now where near as cleans as reggies car!!!
88 coupe alum heads, welds 6pt cage$4.5k
i'm not knocking it one bit i said $6,500!!!!!!

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
woohoo looks like many people have different opinions. I know I will not get anywhere close to what Ive put into the car but that doesnt matter right now. All I want is a 93 cobra :). I bought the car for $6000.00 a year ago and since then I believe I have spent approx 6-7,000 in mods. A lot of mods are not listed all the little stuff really adds up. As far as taking off the juice,why? I hardly even used it its fast enough for me on motor and refills get expensive :(.Ive had people PM and the lowest price so far has been $6500 highest 9,000.

·
Watch Me Do Me
4,896 Posts
Is the hood painted?

If so, id say you could probably fool some kid into paying nearly 8,000 TOPS.

Id say the value of that car is 6500.

But then again, i dont think that 93 cobras are worth what they sell for either! 10K should be the most for a 93 cobra thats daily driven.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.