DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought their Comp fuel system tank to rails and there is no F**king way the rails are going to fit....I knew there were issues with clearance problems on the d/s front rail/ distrib. but I assumed since both Aeromotive and Dallas Mustang parts said that it fit no problem, that issue has been worked out.

How have your guys been doing this?? I am not about to wack out part of the rail and weld it up as the front injector is at the end of the rail and lopping off the top edge seems like a bad idea.....but I have seen a lot of guys running aftermarket rails with the 94-95 body style with the stock type distributor. Mind you this is with the port plug at the end and exiting the middle of the rail......somebody who has done this give me some useful advise!!!!!!! thanks.

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
7,159 Posts
Cap the driver side rail near the dist. and run the fitting threw the port between # 6 & 7 injector on the fuel rail. Don't shim the rail, or the injectors will leak.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Long time ago Dallas Mustang used to have a display motor with red Aeromotive rails...the distributor cap was off because it didn't clear the rails. That gave me the idea and went with Vortech fuel rails.

Although the Vortech rails weren't as bad, to have sufficient clearance the rails were spaced out with spacers...try that it might work.

This was on my 302, never have leakage issue.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
Cap the driver side rail near the dist. and run the fitting threw the port between # 6 & 7 injector on the fuel rail. Don't shim the rail, or the injectors will leak.
On the 302 you can't run a 180* swivel fitting on the d/s rail. Therefore he must plug that port and use the port between #6 & 7 on the rail.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
here is another idea...use flushed cap...that might give you another 1/8" clearance.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
you shim out the aeromotive rail, # 5 will leak.
I never use Aeromotive rails so you are right.

blwn327 Is this Wes?

I have my Vortech blue rails if you want them.

Tan

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
Didn't I just say that? :confused:
sorry! too many cognac...I am going to bed...

Good night. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I am not Wes.....Car looks just like his though. I am using the slim port plug on the d/s front and it's not even close. You can not even get the rail on the injectors even if you cock it towards the fender.....it will hit the housing and the cap....

So the Vortech rails will fit??

·
Lost in suburbia HELLLLLL
4,295 Posts
I was having the same problem with my Cartech rails, Vortech rails will fit if you plug. The aeromotive's will fit, but If I remember right you have to get an MSD distributor.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
blwn327 said:
No, I am not Wes.....Car looks just like his though. I am using the slim port plug on the d/s front and it's not even close. You can not even get the rail on the injectors even if you cock it towards the fender.....it will hit the housing and the cap....

So the Vortech rails will fit??
Yep, they were working fine on my 302 application. LMK.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what I got from Aeromotive: the distributor on the 94-95 was derived from the t-bird and is a lower profile.....the diameter is the same as the 93 and earlier, but it sits lower. The MSD distributor for the 94-95 is a direct bolt in and brings the top of the distributor up and out of the way.....

So I am going to try the MSD distributor tonight and see if that solves the problem. Just FYI

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, I have put in the distributor and all is good...it is close, but no contact and may not need the spacers given for the d/s rail...just fyi for anyone else looking to do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts