DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...he is wanting to have some braided stainless steel fuel lines made for his 85 Porsche 928. He has looked, and hasn't been able to find any. He also said that he knows several people that would be interested in buying them if someone where to make them. If more information is needed, I will find out for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you want to help your friend, tell him to get rid of that car! That car will be the biggest money pit anyone could possible ever dream of to maintain! Cool car, just extremely expensive!

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think he cares about the cost. This is a car he has wanted for so long, and he is aware of the costs associated. He has already put a lot of cash into it, and has recently found out that a lot of the stock fuel lines are cracking and causing fires. He wants to go ahead and upgrade them.

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Tell him to check out Texas Rubber on Irving Boulevard in Dallas. They used to do Braided Stainless lines, but I'm not sure if they still do.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
I noticed that too Todd, pretty funny :D

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Have a friend who needs some help...

TurboTodd said:
Yea, thanks He already has the brake lines.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
fukk i'm retarded (insert gun in mouth) .i'll look into the fuel ones for you as well

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11B2V_Mike said:
fukk i'm retarded (insert gun in mouth) .i'll look into the fuel ones for you as well
lol thanks, up to now he hasn't been able to find any already available, so he was looking to have some made possibly.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man. I am forwarding the info to him.

·
R.E.N.G.
2,919 Posts
am I missing something?? just order some line and some fittings????? make whatever length you need.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
If he wants rubber then any Earl's parts will fit the bill. Keep in mind that they will dry rot after a while and need to be replaced though (I'm talking YEARS here...)

If he wants something like a teflon lined braided hose with pressed on fittings...which is the case from what I gather, tell him to check out www.bakerprecision.com

He'll need to have the exact dimensions of the hoses and fittings he needs though...length, size, angle of the fittings. They will press the ends on and send him the complete hose. Its not cheap though...about double the cost of the off the shelf Earl's rubber stuff. But nice stuff that will last forever.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turd said:
am I missing something?? just order some line and some fittings????? make whatever length you need.
He doesn't want to make it himself. He would rather pay someone to do it.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AL P said:
If he wants rubber then any Earl's parts will fit the bill. Keep in mind that they will dry rot after a while and need to be replaced though (I'm talking YEARS here...)

If he wants something like a teflon lined braided hose with pressed on fittings...which is the case from what I gather, tell him to check out www.bakerprecision.com

He'll need to have the exact dimensions of the hoses and fittings he needs though...length, size, angle of the fittings. They will press the ends on and send him the complete hose. Its not cheap though...about double the cost of the off the shelf Earl's rubber stuff. But nice stuff that will last forever.
Thanks. Yea he is wanting the Teflon. His existing are fine right now, but he has heard stories of them cracking and turning the car into a 3000 lb piece of toast. He wants to "upgrade" the lines so that won't happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts