DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, me too. :mad:

I was offered a new job (making $15K more/yr - woohoo!) on December 17. Instead of immediately quitting my current job, I submitted my resignation on January 5th because I didn't want my current company to have only 5 business days during the Christmas holiday to find and hire a replacement. Pretty cool of me, right? My current and new companies do $$millions$$ in business with each other each year, so in order to make a happy, smooth transition for all involved, it was agreed that my start date would be pushed back two extra weeks so that my replacement could be properly trained. My start date at my new company is Feb 2.

Fast forward to today.

They still haven't hired a replacement , I'm $480 down on pay since I decided to be the good guy, AAAAAAAAANNNNDD (drum roll please) they aren't paying me for my accrued vacation. :mad: "Corporate Policy" is that when an employee leaves, they are given the amount of vacation that they had accrued by the date that resignation is given, and any rollover time from the previous year is forfeited.

Jan 5 = 1 day vacation accrued YTD '04

So I'm getting a $200 check instead of a $2000 check for my vacation. If I had bent them over by leaving in December, I would be $2280 ahead from combined Vacation and Salary. :rolleyes: :mad:

I don't think I have any recourse, since Vacation time is not a guaranteed thing, but if anyone has any links to legislation that may help me out, please send it on.

FUCKED in Euless,
Danny

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean exactly but if you mean

1. ME
2. THE MOTHERFUCKER IN HR I'M GOING TO SHOOT WITH A SAWED OFF .410

then you're right.

Also, my DFWstangs days are short.

·
you stinky bitch
3,728 Posts
if they are going to break it off in your ass like that I would leave TODAY and go start the new job, that is just some complete random bullshit they just made up to not let you get your 2000 dollars and so that they could get in the last word. My ex boss did some shit just like that to me when I left. I wanted to put my foot up his ass so bad but I needed the refrence.

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inline 6 said:
if they are going to break it off in your ass like that I would leave TODAY and go start the new job
Well of course.

And just like in your Title, negotiations HAVE failed.

·
Dirty Mexican
1,110 Posts
46Tbird
HR Department

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
That is a bunch of BS, but remember one thing. never, ever burn a bridge at work. You never know when you will see either that company again, or someone in a high up position from it at another job you want down the road. It sucks, but fate has a way of doing fucked up shit like that.

Call in sick, leave early, etc... just don't do anything really stupid.

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
Yea I have been fucked over a few times.. I just remember..

What comes around goes around. From what Ive seen it always has so I don't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
true that does suck balls, but as cobra chic and yellowstang said, what comes around goes around and don't burn your bridges.

my brother got royally screwed at a job in Rubbermaid a long time ago, so he walked out. problem is on assembly lines if one person doesn't do there job, mega cash is lost when a batch of shit get messed up.

fast forward three years... he's in ranger battalion, coming back from afghanistan and they call him in regarding his security clearance. they revoked his secret clearance because he had employment issues. when they went to inquire on his background, that employer told them how it screwed them over big time. government doesn't want someone they perceive will retribute (even though they wth held his pay for 2 months, he didnt get a chance to tell his side). moral of the story, you never know where you will end up in life, past occurances have a way of screwing you when you are looking to get a dream job, the end. (sorry long post)
:D

·
Banned
30,955 Posts
Screw it. Hit those bridges with a tactical nuclear weapon. When O'Reillys was screwing with me about 4 years ago giving me BS write ups because the manager was stealing and I knew about it and he was trying to get me out the door before something happened, I went to the DM and let him know. Nothing happened, they kept writing me up.

All right. I had just been in an accident and had about 10 grand in csh sitting in my bedroom and wasn't to worried about anything being 21 so I decided to go Office Space on their asses. I wrote a 4 page response to a write up telling them in excurtiating detail what I thought of each of their dumbasses and their pathetic ploy to remove me from the company. I got demoted for it! Less work, but the same money! Hahaha

A few months later I finally had enough and quit. As a JOKE 2 years later, my buddy was still working there and I submitted an application. Store had a new manager, but same DM. I put specificlly on the app that he was the reason I quit. A week later I was actually interviewing with him. I pumped him full of more BS than I've ever heard in my life. 2 days later I was working for company again, at several dollars more an hour than I had made before. I still work there, and see the guy every other day or so. He compared my leaving the company to "Shermans March to the Sea," in the interview. It was the best compliment I'd ever been payed.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
i know what you can do to o'reilly's.. give away free stuff!! i need a new MAF sensor, IAC valve, and some new coil packs if you're really feeling frisky :D hit them in the wallet where it hurts. pm me if you are down like 4 flats

·
T-sippers blow goats
7,488 Posts
On your last day put a full bag of stink bait in the break room where no one will find it.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
BYBOTIE said:
On your last day put a full bag of stink bait in the break room where no one will find it.
Why wait? Hearing everyone bitch about it will be priceless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts