DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· needaho
632 Posts
getting mine done right now at wolferacecraft, to make the sump and weld it on they are charging me $85. thought that was pretty cheap since it was going ot cost me $60 for just a sump after shipping.

· Im somebody's daddy!
12,567 Posts
Ive got a sump welded to the stock tank on my Fairmont. I had some muffler place weld it up and it leaked like crazy! Used some gas tank repair epoxy around the seam and it sealed it up. I didnt have it lined with urethane...

· Registered
559 Posts
Have the sump tig welded and it won't leak. Mine's been that way for 1.5 yrs and never leaked a drop.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boost Addict where did you mount your fuel pump is it above or below the sump. Is it ok to mount it above the sump i'm using a magnaflow pro-star 500 pump with a -10an inlet and outlet. Just wondering if it will work the same if it is having to suck the fuel from the tank.

· Premium Member
822 Posts
I modified my own stock tank and it works great. If you have someone weld a sump to your stock tank, or if you do it yourself, then be sure to have the tank etched and sealed. Sealing your tank correctly will protect your tank from rusting, leaking, and putting shit in your fuel system. :eek: It will happen!!!

Here is a link to the sealer that I used. It will even work with all types of racing fuels, too. Look for the "Auto Fuel Tank Repair Kit" at the bottom of this page. http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/PermanentRestorationProducts/FUEL_TANK_SEALERS.html#FTRK

· Pimp Juice ca. 1997
7,114 Posts
I've got one, works fine. I'd go with Wolfe, from the sound of it.

Sump - $55
Prep and weld - $150

· Registered
559 Posts
I mounted my pump level with the sump, but in front of the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.