DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Married Man on 14Feb2010
14,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make a point to say Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays. If you don't believe in Jesus, get your butt back to work. No holiday for you. :D

· 98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Happy Birthday to Jesus to all, and to all a good night. Now back to work you heathens!

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
ZYouL8R said:
I'm on my lap top at Midnight Mass right now. Gotta go, time for communion.
"drink the wine and chew the wafer
now's the time to play it safer..."

i love tom lehrer

· aka onlya302
2,655 Posts
Denny said:
Happy 2002nd!!! Actually 2004th, but who's counting.
Actually, it would be the 2035th, 2002ad + 33, but all that matters is Happy Birthday :)

· Out
36,504 Posts
King Harod sent three wisemen to verify that a possible child might be the Messiah. After he found out that they not only found the Messiah, but worship Him, he had every male child that was two years of age or less slain. This slaughter brought major attention throughout the world. People started believing that Christ had arrived, thus the wait was over, so history from this point on was recorded "ad", or "anno Domini", which means- The year of our Lord. People referenced time by how far they were from major events. Since the slaughter that King Herod brought about and the recognition of the birth of Christ were the most major things, it was the major reference.

This thread took pllace 2002 years after this major event. Not Christ's birth.

· Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Denny, I'm impressed! We do a live nativity scene at our church every year, and I think you're on the money. Merry X-mas...and lets not forget what it's REALLY all about.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.