DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends bought a yellow 5.0 from this husband and wife in Mesquite back in April. After he got it, he thought he was the shit, said he would smoke me, etc. Well we went out to the track and I was running 13.0s while he was running 14.0s. Pretty funny but I feel sorry for him. It seems like with the mods he should be running faster.

-E303 cam (i think he said 303)
-GT40 intake
-BBK shorties
-uh the fender mount intake that includes the MAF
-Ported throttle body
-Some plug wires, dont know the name

Do these mods seem right for his times or is he just a shitty driver? He traps about 99/100.

It's a 5spd w/ street tires.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
edit: just saw the street tire comment, tell him to put some slicks on it

·
Registered
655 Posts
5 and a half...........really.

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
im going to guess bad shifting... it should run atleast a 13. I would also get a set of slicks

·
Premium Member
15,928 Posts
mine on slicks with bolt ons, and stock heads, and stock cam, went [email protected], so there is no reason why he shouldnt be able to do that. Get some stickies, launch like a man, and drive the shit out of it.

my car only makes 245 to the wheels, so power is not the problem for your friend, it is practice, and practice, and practice.

He prolly makes about 240-250 rwhp.

Does he have gears, that would really wake up the car.

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,369 Posts
I would say he probably makes 230-250 rwhp judging by his trap speeds. IMO a 14.0 is right on for the car. With good driving I think that car has a high 13 in it, but not much more without slicks or DR's.

The Ecam does not do much with stock heads, By the time the cam starts rocking, the heads start wheezing. Especially with the stock throttle body & probably stock air meter. His best bet for better performance are to either go a step down in cam or a step up in cylinder heads and add a 65-70 mm throttle body & a 70+ mm air meter. Right now it is a classicly mismatched combo.

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
The stock heads start running out of flow at about .500" lift. The E cam will work fine.

He just needs to learn to drive that sucker...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.