DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fox body, and I tried to put the white face guages on my cluster and now my needles are almost all off....does anyone know if there is a way to reset them or am I just screwed....I was thinking I am just going to have to buy a new cluster but thought maybe someone knows a way to get them back in the right spot
any help would be greatly appreciated

·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
You didn't make note of the locations of them before you took them off? That can be a real pain to do. The worst were the speedo and, gas gauge and tach. I went by one of those radar machines o set the speedo and filled the tank right before I did it to get that right.

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
The speedo is mechanical, shouldn't be an issue.

The rest need to be set with the key on. Just experiment until you get it right. Do not turn the needle with it installed... it does not set the position. You have to actually push it on in the position that you want it.

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
I had a tech at work put them on and he fucked it up too on my car by not marking the spots. He put the temp needle so low that it won't read at all, and the RPM's are about 200 too low, AND the speedo is off. I think the only thing he got right was the voltometer. I should've fixed that shit today while it was nice outside.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I installed my Mac White face gauges and all of the needles work just like they did before I did the install. I did the install over 2 years ago and still works like a charm. The only gauge that didn't work right was the fuel gauge and I tore it back apart and fixed the gauge after I filled up with gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts