DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now.. I am not the one to be flaming people on here normally.. but here goes..

Everyone knows about the LX that I just sold, that I had purchased from him a couple months back.

Well, here is the full story.

Week 1: broken transmission and new TOB

Week 2: new battery

Week 3: new starter, selenoid, ignition switch.

now the car has been sold to a good friend thinking I had all the bugs worked out.... well, it also had a blown rear shock that I didn't realize, and when he was replacing the shocks... one stud was broken on the driverside rear, and one stud was MISSING on the pass. rear. This is something that is very dangerous, especially when these cars only have 4 lugs anyways.

This wouldn't bother me so bad if he hadn't assured me that the car was soooo great and that he wouldn't sell something that wasn't what he claimed, and told me to let him know of any problems I might encounter because he didn't need his name flamed on the board.. well, apparently something was wrong since he changed his name from IpooChevy to Grimm Reaper..

I told you Chris that I am not one to flame and that I would let you know of everything, and I did.. But when I sell a car gauranteeing a good friend with kids, that it is safe to carry them in.. that is when i get upset. Someone could have been seriously injured due to your lack of honesty.

if anyone else has a problem with me saying this.. then.. too bad.. this is for everyones safety and will hopefully open some eyes to how honest we should all be with each other.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whiteboy said:
i dont know why anyone would have wanted that car for that gank me price? but battery do go out shit happens same for starters, these car are old what do you expect?
5500 wasn't a bad price.. that is what i paid for the car.. or atleast it wasn't a bad price for what it was supposed to be.. I have seen you sell a lot of shit on here that wasn't worth dick either..

· Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
whiteboy said:
i dont know why anyone would have wanted that car for that gank me price? but battery do go out shit happens same for starters, these car are old what do you expect?
Granted those things can and do go out on older cars but it is still messed up that this fuckstick lied through his god damn teeth! :mad:

· Registered
97 Posts
well it goes like this, MY LITTLE GIRL RODE IN THAT FUCKIN CAR. and everyone that has kids wouldnt put there baby in a place that would get them hurt. and u cant even say that u havent caught the shitty end of a deal. cause that would mean u havent been buyin anything, and from what ive seen on here, u wheel and deal, so dont try that shit, u play long enough, u get fucked over. what tony was sayin is that for someone that might buy something from him, be damn sure u go over everything close, cause if no1 says anything, then someone might take everything for the up and up from him and just take the word.

G

·
yeah

i agree with tony and john,but of course a few of these people this is all they have to there name so they try to get the most out of what little they have acomplished in there life.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also found out Tuesday that there was a lug missing off of each front wheel too.. Sounds like someone lost there key to the locks.... I am honest and up front on everything I sell; and I expect the same. Now, B-John was interested in that car, and what do you think he would have done if his family had been riding in it and something happened, or who do you think he would have been talking too when he found out the lugs were gone? I would NEVER do something like this to anyone, and I guess I am just nieve enough to believe that people on here would have the same courtesy.

· Honda God
1,930 Posts
O.k. first of all Kevin you have had a problem with me every since I did not sell the car to you. The car was the price I had it before I put tires on it. So I upped the price for the new tires. You did not like it so you did not buy it. But I know you even said on here it is one of the cleanest you have seen. So its funny how you are all over the cars nuts and then suddenly its a turd.

Tony, I have never had a problem with this car, even the original owners didn't, and my father in law who is a collector and drove it daily didn't have a problem with it. All of the sudden you buy it and take it to the track and speed shift it and blow the tranny, the other stuff going out just didn't happen the day after you bought it so you could have done that too. And I gave you all receipts of work and maintenance to this car. If it is missing lugs blame discount tire. I didn't put the tires on and they where a week old when I sold it.

***!!! The turd I bought from your friend and you where there!

How about the turd I have done about 3000 in just redoing the wiring and suspension, brakes. I get the tranny you guys gave me back Friday to see if its a turd also. Lets talk about lugs. I have 5 that someone stripped out ( not me) and a busted drum cylinder. Now lets talk safety. You had missing lugs but the wheel was still on tight. HOW ABOUT NO BRAKES LIKE I HAD! The heater, the wiring, the trunk, windshield wipers, bald ass tires,
I haven't said shit about this turd because I know shit brakes on these cars and I fix and move on. And lets ask how many people have broken lugs on there car right now as its common on these cars.

Hey I gave you a good deal and things that you flame me for a things that happen to cars. I am sorry truly and did not know. If I knew this would have been such a PITA I would have kept the damn thing. Once again I am sorry and I hold no grudges even on my buying experience from your friends.

· Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
O.k. first of all Kevin you have had a problem with me every since I did not sell the car to you. The car was the price I had it before I put tires on it. So I upped the price for the new tires. You did not like it so you did not buy it. But I know you even said on here it is one of the cleanest you have seen. So its funny how you are all over the cars nuts and then suddenly its a turd.
First of all Grim Ass Reamer, you didn't raise the price because of tires and you fucking know it. You raised the price $1500 on me because the car you wanted had already been sold and you needed more money to get something else. You even stated that in one of the PM's you sent me.

Secondly, I never said the car is a piece of shit, only you are.;)

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, the car you bought from my friend wasn't near perfect, and he never told you it was.. You knew the car was a Conversion car and you knew the tires were bald, you eve brought a set with you to drive home on.. then decided they weren't that bad when you got the car. And if you wanted something super clean, then why didn't you just keep the Hatch. Maybe it's because you "didn't want to cut it up for a race car".. well, you bought something that could be made into a race car and then had it posted for sale on here a couple weeks later claiming it was a really nice car that just needed a bit of interior and body work.. but nothing major...:rolleyes:

I ran the car I got from you down the track twice... letting out both times because of the bad vibration in the trans above 80 mph.. which I had never driven above before.... the next morning, the tail shaft breaks off on the street when I barely got on it. Then all the other things start falling down.... and you even said the car had original paint except the roof.. Which I had never mentioned before, but there are spots around the hatch edges where you can see the car was repainted... then you told me it had new brakes.. well, the front rotors were cracked real bad and the mechanic said he didn't know how they stayed in one piece.. And I doubt very seriously that Discount Tire is going to brake off studs and not tell you and not replace them w/out letting you know and letting you make the decision to not replace them. I will admit.. the car was very nice looking and driving for the quarter mile i drove it before buying it.. and it was even driving good for the 150 miles home... Some of the problems I had could have been your fault. maybe the trans was your fault, and the starting problem occured first about a week after I had it.. then only occured once every week or so... so that could have also been occuring when you had it and I wasn't informed.. The lugs and brakes I blame you for specifically.... I should have atleast been informed about this situation..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.