DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Extreme Clean!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've cooked everything under the sun on my gas grill, except for chops. I have them soaking in my favorite blend in the fridge. My question is how should I cook them, temperature wise? Real low? Fairly high? How do you do it?

·
Insane In The Membrane
5,575 Posts
It really depends on how thick they are but I would go with the medium heat and turn them often. You can tell when there done by poking the chop.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
bgmz282 said:
medium heat and turn them often works for me
Same here...and people who can make damn good chops rave over mine. I don't like cooking them, but people always want them. :)

Take care,

·
Extreme Clean!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
96Cobra_Nate said:
It really depends on how thick they are but I would go with the medium heat and turn them often. You can tell when there done by poking the chop.

See, that's the problem. They are a little over an inch thick and I don't want to over cook them and dry them out. Thanks for the replys, please keep them comming!

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
go get that 10 gallons of old gasoline form that guy on here pour it on their light that bitch and run. it shouldnt take long to cook em and they will have a very distinct taste....;) might wanna keep a phone handy though....:)

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
Samhain said:
See, that's the problem. They are a little over an inch thick and I don't want to over cook them and dry them out. Thanks for the replys, please keep them comming!
I recommend, since they are pretty thick to really heat the grill high! Put them on for 15 seconds and flip for 15 more seconds. Then drop the heat a lot and turn often. I believe it is call "seering" them or something. Supposed to help keep the juices in there.

Ceyko

·
Extreme Clean!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ceyko said:
I recommend, since they are pretty thick to really heat the grill high! Put them on for 15 seconds and flip for 15 more seconds. Then drop the heat a lot and turn often. I believe it is call "seering" them or something. Supposed to help keep the juices in there.

Ceyko

Thanks for the advice, and your sig ;)

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
ceyko said:

Ceyko

You are correct, that is called seering. Although, I would seer them in a cast iron skillet turn that crap on high heat.. and cook them on each side for about 2 minutes each. then throw them on a hot grill with low-medium heat. flip ever 2-3 minutes.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
I like to turn the grill all the way up, 2 minutes and turn 45 degrees for another 2 minutes then flip, do the 2 minutes, rotate and finish them off in the oven in a nice cast iron pan. Nice grill marks, perfectly seared and cooked perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts