DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
you stinky bitch
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonite comning back from eating I saw a black with silver stripe ZR1 or grand sport whatever the diffrence is if anything, passed us slowly at about 70ish but sounded wild when he went by i noticed the 5 feet of tire under that bitch. must have been like a 345 or somthing they were huge!! anyonw know this car? it was on I35 southbound just south of downtown

·
Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
Sounds like Brian Harrison to me. This it?

You can find more on his car <A HREF="http://www.xtremecorvettes.com/bharrison.htm">here</A>, not sure how updated it is tho. Pretty sweet car ... sounds GOOD and looks really mean with those 335 meats in the back.

<I>Edit: BTW - there's a few vids of him racing on www.racingfreaks.net. They just say, "The LT4", but it's him.</I>

later,

·
Keep your unicorns
12,375 Posts
Grand sport is a 96 model car, they quit making ZR1s in 95. It should have 315/35/17s from the factory on the rear. The 96+ cars will have add on fender flares in the rear whereas the on a ZR1 the body is actually wider. The ZR1 also has the third brake light on the glass vs in the rear bumper cover.

·
you stinky bitch
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what the car looked like but I cant be sure without seeing those tires again I have seen 335's and these I swear were wider...... what does the viper have out back and what is the widest low profile tire they make? just for my own education.

·
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
13,750 Posts
inline 6 said:
thats what the car looked like but I cant be sure without seeing those tires again I have seen 335's and these I swear were wider...... what does the viper have out back and what is the widest low profile tire they make? just for my own education.
there is only one black/silver stripe on BIG TIRES in the dfw area. and thats brian...

·
Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
inline 6 said:
335's are what come on Vipers. I'm not sure of the widest tire / low profile. 335's is about the widest I've heard of (street tire at least). This is probably the car, you just aren't used to seeing that wide of tire on a Vette. They look HUGE.

Later,

·
Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
inline 6 said:
thats him then..... looked unreal..... do they make a 335 for a 18 inch rim?
Yep ... Vipers run 335/30/18's. It's more about the width of the rim though. For 335's you better have an 11in or wider rim! My Lightning has a 10in and runs 295's, you -might- be able to squeeze 315's on 10's, but not 335's.

·
you stinky bitch
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to have my s-truck back halfed in the future retian the stock suspension and everything just move the frame rails in a bit. very easy and not expensive to have done with who I know. and I want to have my Z-Oh's widened form 10.5 to whatever it takes to get those on. should be sweet. I run 285's on it now and they slightly slope in but I have to do it for clearance issues. 335's should look right under there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.