DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i was wondering why this is happening. When i turn my radio on pretty loud with full bass on after a few min. with a song that hits real hard and long the speakers will quit working, all except my subs. Sometimes they will cut off then pop back on the cut off again. I will turn the bass all the way down and then turn the whole system down, then start it back up and it starts to work again, I know its because the bass is too loud but how can I get it to stop doing that. Cant I buy an amp and it will stop, or is there a cheaper way where I can still listen to my music like I like to without spending the cash on a new amp.

· Procrastination Racing
9,169 Posts
There are many possibilities:
A speaker is shorting out due to over excursion and causing the amp in the deck to short out.
The amp in the deck is getting too hot and going into protection.

Your mids and highs should not be playing bass. I would put an amp, with a highpass crossover in it, on the mids and highs to protect them from lower frequencies and distortion from the deck power.

NO SYSTEM CAN BE PLAYED WFO FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT ADVERSE EFFECTS OF SOME KIND.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.