DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to the shop this morning and was out looking at our new area where we are putting up a new building. Had our forms set this weekend and if the damn rain stops concrete goes in:mad:

Anywho, there is a young bull standing at the edge of our fresh dirt work, so to save my dirt and forms, I grab a rock and start walking up to him. Planned on hitting him in the flank and running him off.

I got about 25ft from this bastard and he turns around like somebody shouted 'ole!' ummm.... I rare back to fire the rock and the damn bull starts trotting towards me. I start to back up and Red Rock starts hauling ass after me. I'm in a dead sprint and he's gaining ground on me. Get inside the shop and he curtails the chase. I'm glad nobody was at work yet :eek:

The rancher next to us comes over an apologizes after he sees me throwing rocks at him trying to scare him off, tells me to "Knock that sumabitch in da head next time"

I would at some point love to have an uneventful Monday:D

*Note* Sorry to any Indians that this may offend

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Welcome to the club. It seems everytime I deliver feed to someone who has a "gentle" bull I get chased back into the truck. Those things don't like the hot shot through the window though ;). Where are you at that you have a ranch next door???

Bob

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our shop is outside of Paris. I've got ranches on all sides of me. Nice not having to deal with any zoning or other headaches that result from being inside a city limit:D

If the days get to rough, the pond on the backside of our property has huge catfish:D

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Ok out by Paris I can see having lots of cows around you. One of our good customers lives right by us and has a nicely stocked pond! Although I haven't been fishing in over 7 years.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts