DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Wells to put in my cam bearins and the one closest to the front of the block has a little inpefection on it, kinda like a tiny tiny peice of slag from a welder I guess. Just wondering if I need to talk the block up there again or if this is "normal" for there to be small imperfections.

Thanks,
James

· Registered
797 Posts
Kind of hard to tell without seeing it. Doesn't sound right, though. Is it the same metal as the bearing?

I wouldn't put a cam in there without knowing for sure that it wouldn't tear a groove into the cam.

· Premium Member
5,347 Posts
You might want to check the rest of the cam bearing and make sure they are installed in the right position or NO OIL pressure.

Is Wells name of the machine shop? Need to put that on my list.

· Registered
655 Posts
tphan said:
You might want to check the rest of the cam bearing and make sure they are installed in the right position or NO OIL pressure.

Is Wells name of the machine shop? Need to put that on my list.
me too.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i figured it out, when they got the bolt that was broken off in the block out they must have welded and a peice got on the cam bearing. they have been very helpful when i brought it back last time and they will probably fix this for free too. i just hate bringing it back and forth.

thanks,
james

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.