DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a bad day, and I had just got off work around 8:45pm heading to the Sonic GTG. This Prelude started messing with me, so I busted his ass, and there were two cops sitting on the side of the road....the other guy ran, I pulled over quickly because I know "you may be able to outrun the car, but you can't outrun the radio". The guy was actually real nice about the whole ordeal, and only gave me a "drag racing" ticket. What can I do so that I don't have to pay a shitload of money, and have this go on my record and fuck my insurance to hell ?? Can I go see a lawyer and have them work it out for me ?? I saw someone post something about they just gave their lawyer like, $150 and they took care of it....?? Let me know what you guys have done/would have done. Thanks guys !!

-Aaron

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
I used Jim Lollar for a ticket I got going 93 in a 60. Defensive driving, $180.00 fine and 6 months probabtion (no tickets in Grapevine for 6 months). Not too bad I guess, oh and $40.00 for the lawyer. No going to court though, he takes care of it all!
Good luck!

·
Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that was for speeding only ? I say only, seeing that it is 93 in a 60, but the racing thing is going to kick my ass. Does anyone else have any input on this ?? BTW, where is Jim Lollar ? Also, my uncle has some friends that are lawyers, but they are in Sherman, so could I talk to one of them and have him take care of it, even though he is in another county ? I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, but ya never know ! :mad: :mad: Damnit, I still have to take defensive driving for a bullshit speeding ticket I got a month ago !! Aarrrggghhhh !!

-Aaron

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
The ticket was for speeding only, but I'm sure a traffic lawyer could handle the drag racing ticket as well. What county and city was it in? Hope it's not in the same city as your other ticket, or you may be screwed. The good thing about these local lawyers is, usually they know the judges and what they can get away with. I'm not sure about a lawyer in Sherman, they may be able to help, or may not. Wouldn't hurt to ask, and maybe he has a friend down in DFW he can refer you too.

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,447 Posts
in my town i just take all mine to a lawer and give them a 150 and be on my way. and about 6 months later they send a deal in the mail saying it was dissmissed :D

·
Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yellowstang said:
The ticket was for speeding only, but I'm sure a traffic lawyer could handle the drag racing ticket as well. What county and city was it in? Hope it's not in the same city as your other ticket, or you may be screwed. The good thing about these local lawyers is, usually they know the judges and what they can get away with. I'm not sure about a lawyer in Sherman, they may be able to help, or may not. Wouldn't hurt to ask, and maybe he has a friend down in DFW he can refer you too.
That's the bad thing....it was in the same city. $260, ugh, that sucks. :mad: :( I don't know what county Carrollton is in, but that's where it was. Grant, what did you end up doing with your racing ticket ??

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
junkstang88 said:
That's the bad thing....it was in the same city. $260, ugh, that sucks. :mad: :( I don't know what county Carrollton is in, but that's where it was. Grant, what did you end up doing with your racing ticket ??

-Aaron
Where you were, I believe it is Denton County, I just paid the $260 and was on my way.

·
Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just paying the fine will make the ticket go on your record, thus raising insurance rates, correct ? That's what I'm afraid of most. Fuck, today was a shitty ass day ! We almost got robbed at work, then after working 12 fucking hours, I get off and this shit happens. :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh well, shit happens, and it stinks !!

-Aaron

·
Darkside
20,179 Posts
yellowstang said:
I used Jim Lollar for a ticket I got going 93 in a 60. Defensive driving, $180.00 fine and 6 months probabtion (no tickets in Grapevine for 6 months). Not too bad I guess, oh and $40.00 for the lawyer. No going to court though, he takes care of it all!
Good luck!
Jim got mine dismissed for 40 bucks. I highly recommend him. Screw Mallory, he is washed up. My ticket was participating in an illegal street race as a spectator.

·
Time Served
501 Posts
You should be able to go to a lawyer and they can take care of it without the ticket going on your record. You will just have probation. I had a friend do it and he didnt have to pay that much. He had a drag racing and a 90+ in a 45mph zone and they were both taken care of. Just call around to different lawyers and ask for their advise.

Good Luck!

·
Time Served
501 Posts
BBRANJEN said:
Jim got mine dismissed for 40 bucks. I highly recommend him. Screw Mallory, he is washed up. My ticket was participating in an illegal street race as a spectator.
haha, I had that ticket before. I was a passenger in the car and they gave me a ticket for spectating :rolleyes:

I didnt have a choice but to spectate.

·
None
10,576 Posts
When I called my insurance company to find out how im,y racing ticket would affect my rates I was told that racing and DWI's are pretty much treated equally.

This was with Farmers, but other companies might have the same view as well.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I got a "illegal street racing" ticket in Ft. Worth (tarrant county). Pleaded not guilty mailed the ticket in got a court date... pleaded not guilty to the judge, (cop never showed) and the judge dismissed it. was a 400 something dollar ticket too!

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
trey85stang said:
I got a "illegal street racing" ticket in Ft. Worth (tarrant county). Pleaded not guilty mailed the ticket in got a court date... pleaded not guilty to the judge, (cop never showed) and the judge dismissed it. was a 400 something dollar ticket too!
That was lucky! The city is who imposes the fine, so they differ from city to city. Grapevine is one of the highest for fines according to the lawyer I used. I would have done the defered adjudication myself, but on the ticket it said it is NOT available if you were exceeding the posted speed limit by 24 MPH or over, so I got the lawyer to handle it, and he did!

R U still on probabtion for the other ticket? If so, you may be in trouble there and it could appear on your record since you got another ticket in the same city while on probabtion...:(

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I've had about 6 speeding tickets dismissed like that in the last 2 years in tarrant county that way.... Except for the last one i got, the cop showed up.. so I plead no Contest and will be taking defensive driving. Not saying all tickets will get dismissed, but I've been lucky enough to have most of them dismissed!

·
whiteboy loves sausage
614 Posts
racing

Aaron all i have to say is dont race in garland .They dont give tickets anymore. They take you to jail and impound your car.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got one not too long ago and I plead no contest. I got some letter in the mail for me to pay $155.00 probation fee and I got probation for three months..............I'm almost done with my probabtion..............Oh, it was in Fort Worth..........As long as you clear probation you're home free........:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.