DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving for a short time, my idle will will hang around 2K-2400 anytime I have the clutch in (engaged? I get confused on which is engaged and with isn't). If I shift and let out on the clutch, it drops back down to where ever it should be. If I pust in the clutch, it goes back up again... I was think TPS, but!, if I blip the key to the off position, and then back on really fast, just enough to turn the car off for 2 seconds or less, it stops doing it. I am lost. Any ideas?

One more thing. Sometimes, not all the time, when I go to move from a stop, I get bad vibrations in the rear of the car. It feels kinda like Wheel hop, but isn't. If I give it more gas (a lot more than normal), it helps, but doesn't make it go completely away. This will also happen at low rpm's in second. This is ONLY when I am coming off the clutch. If the clutch is all the way out, it doesn't happen. I do need a new clutch cable, but this is very intermittant. It also happens in reverse sometimes... Any idea's on this one?

Thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Your 2K rev problem might be a vacuum leak or the IAB. Check all the vacuum hoses and see if any have come loose. Take off the IAB and clean it out with carb cleaner.

I don't know about the rear end problem. Have you checked all the bushings and made sure that the shocks and sway bar are still tight?

-Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the IAB the same thing as the TPS. As for it being a vacume leak, I would think that to, but where I am stumped is, that doesn't explain why a quick turn off/on of the car fixes the problem... I mean, I do this quick fix driving down the road and all is well after. We cleaned the TPS once, and it helped a little, but not much...

I'm confuzzled :(

Thanks though :)

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
The IAB is located on the front of the throttle body. It looks like a cylinder. Unbolt the two bolts and spray carb cleaner in the 2 holes. Use Q Tips to get all of the carbon out of it. I was having the same thing on mine, then I cleaned it and solved my problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.