DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good tubular K-member brand ???

Anybody know of who all sells tubular k-members and how much they cost?

Anyone have any preferences?

I just figured that when I do get my engine done I might as well throw one in because I would eventually do it anyway and with already going to be doing an engine swap it would make it MUCH easier.

Thanks,
Jerred

·
Chassis Service
3,236 Posts
Just pick up a mustang magazine, they are all over the place in there. Several companies make them. You could just drive over to USA or Dallas Mustang and pick one up. Everybrand has its good and bad points. Depending on header size the D&D and Ground Pounder has clearence problems. Antony Jones has the most header clearance, but you got to run a motor plate.

·
None
10,576 Posts
There are a LOT of choices. I would like to do one too, but I haven't researched them in detail yet.

Realize that some require you to use their A arms AND go to a front coil over kit.

Some will also increase the wheelbase or move the hub forward/backward in the wheelwell.

Some allow for adjustment in moving the engine backwards towards the firewall (most I saw as an inch, but there could be more)

You may also want/need to get a bumpsteer kit as well as new bushings to keep your steering up to par.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
UPR

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah guys, I know all of that but I am wondering about what brands people are using, how much they like them and how much they cost. I know they are all over in mustang mags.

Thanks Abecx, I heard the UPR were pretty good, luckily I have a good 3 months or so to do research

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Anthony Jones (AJE) does not require a motor plate, does it? You can get it with mounts...

Shawn

·
Registered
655 Posts
so they don't just bolt right up, huh. is there one that does so my car still looks and drives the same? i want it to be better, not all screwey.

·
Registered
655 Posts
llamastang said:
so they don't just bolt right up, huh. is there one that does so my car still looks and drives the same? i want it to be better, not all screwey.
well?

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey rtigert,

yeah AJE are badass, just went down to J&L today and saw a black hatch that had the whole AJE front end (k member, a arms, and coil overs). That bitch was BAD:D

It's like $750 for the kit and that's not even the moly one, i think that runs around $950-$1000

Not enough money though:(

·
Registered
454 Posts
stangcrazy said:
Hey rtigert,

It's like $750 for the kit and that's not even the moly one, i think that runs around $950-$1000
Here is what I paid:
AJE chromoly K-member
$449.00

AJE chromoly A-arms w/bushings (Heim's are $50 more)
$279.00

So it's $750 for the moly. I'm running long tubes and there is a GOOD 3" from the header to the K-member. I didn't have to notch, bend, cut, or clearance ANYTHING for them to bolt right up.

It's the AJE struts that are high.... $1,000 but that does include spindle, strut, and coil over.

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rtigert said:
Here is what I paid:
AJE chromoly K-member
$449.00

AJE chromoly A-arms w/bushings (Heim's are $50 more)
$279.00

So it's $750 for the moly. I'm running long tubes and there is a GOOD 3" from the header to the K-member. I didn't have to notch, bend, cut, or clearance ANYTHING for them to bolt right up.

It's the AJE struts that are high.... $1,000 but that does include spindle, strut, and coil over.
Sorry rtigert I didn't specify that this was price including installation. Yeah, I saw a car with the spindle and strut additions and that car was badass

·
Registered
655 Posts
s ois that the one i need to look @?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.