DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
What time does BlockBuster close today?? I need to swing by and by some DVD's on my lunch break.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Get ready to stand in line. I spent 30 min. at the one in Rockwall. 1 guy working the counter and 1 putting up movies! :mad:

Ballistic came out today. I have yet to watch the entire movie. I just watched the small part where Lucy Liu crashes a Fox Body! :)

·
1,818 Posts
I have been off for a few days and watched a few movies that were pretty good. Dont know if you have seen any of these but here are a few....

Black Hawk Down
Widowmaker K19
We Were Soldiers
Training Day
Minority Report

·
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
1,145 Posts
We Were Soldiers is a very good movie to watch, along with Black Hawk Down. Those movies sort of put things in perspective.
a good holiday one is Scrooged, with Bill Murry? in it.

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I got the following ones:

Sum Of All Fears
Goldmember
Greenmail
Minority Report

I don't know if they are all worth a shit but I will definitely post up the results after I watch them. If I don't find anything to do today, I might watch all four of them now.:p

·
Resident Ankle Biter
4,115 Posts
Ice Age
Any and all Monty Python
Any Kevin Clark Flicks
Always a good time to watch the star wars trilogy
Dragon Hunter D (YAY for anime)

Uhm, I dunno my brain is still fried from last night. :(

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,855 Posts
telling y'all get an account at Net Flix. No late fees, delivered right to your mail box.

They just opened up a distribution center in Irving. Next day turnaround I would guess, since I get 2 day turnaround from their distribution center in Houston.

Load up your "rental queue" and receive DVDs to watch in the mail. Return one, get a new one, return one, get a new one. If you watch 4-5 DVDs a month, you even pay less.

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
telling y'all get an account at Net Flix. No late fees, delivered right to your mail box.

They just opened up a distribution center in Irving. Next day turnaround I would guess, since I get 2 day turnaround from their distribution center in Houston.

Load up your "rental queue" and receive DVDs to watch in the mail. Return one, get a new one, return one, get a new one. If you watch 4-5 DVDs a month, you even pay less.
I have looked at that but when I rent movies it is pretty much a spur of the moment thing. I may go two months without renting any but then for two weeks straight I may watch one or two a night so it is kinda hard for me to set a "schedule" for when I rent movies unless they let you keep them for weeks at a time.:confused:

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,855 Posts
KevinH78 said:
I have looked at that but when I rent movies it is pretty much a spur of the moment thing. I may go two months without renting any but then for two weeks straight I may watch one or two a night so it is kinda hard for me to set a "schedule" for when I rent movies unless they let you keep them for weeks at a time.:confused:
I was exactly the same way. It took me about a month to get use to it, but you can schedule new releases out months in advance. So, even though they aren't available yet, I'll schedule coming releases well in advance and they just sort of arrive in the mail. 1/2 the time I forget I ordered it!

I kept movies out for as long as 2 months with out a problem.

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
I was exactly the same way. It took me about a month to get use to it, but you can schedule new releases out months in advance. So, even though they aren't available yet, I'll schedule coming releases well in advance and they just sort of arrive in the mail. 1/2 the time I forget I ordered it!

I kept movies out for as long as 2 months with out a problem.
Hrmmmm............. In that case it sounds a little more interesting now that I can keep them out for more than just a few days at a time.:)

BTW, Goldmember was pretty funny IMO. It is basically another Austin Powers movie but if you find his stuff funny, this is a good one to see.;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.