DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good God Almighty!!!!!!!

What have I got myself into??????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have SUCH a learing curve here in the next week or so!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just ordered a LM-1 wideband, an AutoTap and aSuperchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package(FLASHER UNIT) !!!!!!!! :cool:

Let the tuning begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Out with your mom
2,508 Posts
Looks a lot like LS1 Edit to me with what can be changed. I'd advise hoppin on a mailing list if there is one and read all the FAQs you can about it. Small steps are best to begin with.

If there are any handheld programmers available on the market that can be unprogramed you could make a flash file of them then resell/return to get a half decent base on what needs to be modified for timing and fuel.

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Good Choice on the LM-1. did you get the aux input cable as well to data log.

I still need to hook my Aux input up but the wideband works great.

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
All that cost just a bit more than a grand. ;)

You can store three mod programs and the stock program in the flasher unit.

There is a support forum for when you get lost and there is a huge tutorial to teach dummies in addition to what is in the program on your computer. You have control of just about EVERY parameter the car's computer controls and with the LM-1 and the AutoTap you can view them all in real time.
I agree.........it does look like fun!
I got ALL the bells and whistles with every device! :D

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Mach1Marauder said:
All that cost just a bit more than a grand. ;)

You can store three mod programs and the stock program in the flasher unit.

There is a support forum for when you get lost and there is a huge tutorial to teach dummies in addition to what is in the program on your computer. You have control of just about EVERY parameter the car's computer controls and with the LM-1 and the AutoTap you can view them all in real time.
I agree.........it does look like fun!
I got ALL the bells and whistles with every device! :D

You get beat by one old school car and you get a complex.........LOL! Bill, you are obviously alot smarter than me........I wouldn't have a clue on how to work that thing. :D I think you will be one of the first around here to see the true potential of the Mach1. Keep us updated on your progress. Hell.........your gonna be in the 7's on nittos. Your probably already there if you strapped some slicks on that thing and did a hell Mary launch

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ said:
so how much was it??? My car is gonna need a tune in the near future. That would be fun to learn how to do
Well, the Superchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package(FLASHER UNIT) was $810 with shipping
The LM-1 was $350 with all the accessories
The AutoTap was $300 with the Ford Enhanced Data Upgrade

SSMAN said:
You get beat by one old school car and you get a complex.........LOL! Bill, you are obviously alot smarter than me........I wouldn't have a clue on how to work that thing. :D I think you will be one of the first around here to see the true potential of the Mach1. Keep us updated on your progress. Hell.........your gonna be in the 7's on nittos. Your probably already there if you strapped some slicks on that thing and did a hell Mary launch
LOL!!!!
Puters come easy to me and I just have to learn a new language for terms and tuning therery. I think of it as an electronic way of adjusting the "carb" and timing, but in a hell of a lot more detail! :D :D :D

spankustang said:
What all are you planning to do with the Mach 1. That's a lot of tuning ability for a "stock" Mach. Good luck
:)
I just wanna see the limits that I can take this car to being NA. The Mach was bought with the intent of not remaining stock in any form or fashion. As far as the engine goes, porting and polishing heads and manifold are on the the slate. I have a Currie built 8.8 ready as soon as I pick my control arms.
I'll just maximize every mod before I move to the next.

The best thing is no matter what direction I move with this car, I now have the tools to cover it.

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has a really cool feature.
It has a two stage rpm limiter. First stage can be used as a launch rpm! Hello consistant 60s!

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SALEEN449 said:
I'm still gonna beat that ass......
Not after I finish! :p
Ya never know what I may add. :cool:

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SALEEN449 said:
Rumor has it that a Kenne Bell blower is on the way to my house......

Need a tune? :D :D

an I bet you swap you old SC to one of your GTs too. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts