DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
600 plus a few
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good digital camera for around $200. I have been looking at Sony and Nikon, but Im not sure whats good and whats not. Im not doing anything huge, just taking pictures here and there, very rarely (if ever) printing them so I dont need 5+ MP. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got the Kodak Easy Share too-it's 5 mega pixels w/ a camera dock. We got a really good deal on it at Wal-Mart. Not too expensive, easy to use, and takes great pics. So far I'm really happy with it

·
[x] original checkboxer
10,836 Posts
sexy1_n h3r stang said:
Got the Kodak Easy Share too-it's 5 mega pixels w/ a camera dock. We got a really good deal on it at Wal-Mart. Not too expensive, easy to use, and takes great pics. So far I'm really happy with it
Show us some boob pics to prove it.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
I'm really happy with my Casio Exilim EX-Z40. It's small with a large LCD screen. I used to have a fancy camera with all the trimmings. It was nice but also meant I had to lug around a briefcase full of crap. The small digital cameras fit nicely in my jeans pocket so it's not a bear to take anywhere.

With a small thin camera, you won't get as much zoom as the thicker bulky cameras. But 99.99% of the pictures I take are within 20 feet or less, or are wide scenery shots.

Portability and the size of the LCD screen are the two big things about the Exilim line.

·
Premium Member
29,396 Posts
I have the Canon Powershot A75. Its 3.2 mp. I got it last year for 279. I heard its dropped since then. Check the Canon A80 too. Canon make grea Digicams.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I have the Cannon Powershot A75. You can buy it for as low as $179 in some places but around $199. Easy to use and its pretty good.

·
600 plus a few
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have read really good reviews about the Cannon, but the Kodak is catching my attention with the 5.0 MP. Are there any cameras for just over $200 that are like the next step up? I know as with most things there is usually a price where everything gets one level better, i just dont know how much more i'd have to spend for a nice point-and-shoot camera that has good features and decent optical and digital zoom. my sister has a samsung 4.0MP, but it only has digital zoom. it was $200, but it has a very small screen

·
Registered
334 Posts
BottleRocket said:
I have read really good reviews about the Cannon, but the Kodak is catching my attention with the 5.0 MP. Are there any cameras for just over $200 that are like the next step up? I know as with most things there is usually a price where everything gets one level better, i just dont know how much more i'd have to spend for a nice point-and-shoot camera that has good features and decent optical and digital zoom. my sister has a samsung 4.0MP, but it only has digital zoom. it was $200, but it has a very small screen
Like I said-I really like the Kodak. Ours is a Kodak EasyShare Zoom digital camera DX4530 and it came with a docking station. It was on sale for 199 when we got it for the holidays....you get zoom and 5 mega pixels....and there is all kind of neat features to doctor up your pics. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts