DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just accuried a bone stock never been touched stock down to the original air filter 88' coupe. Poor car has been ragged out interior wise, so after im done redoing that i was thinking of a simple n/a motor combo. Ive heard s/d doesnt like many mod's, so i was just gonna try n keep it simple. Thinking ported e7's, stock cam w/ 1.7's or b cam n explorer intake with 65mm throttle body w/ of course the k&n electric fan n underdrives. Then just shorties w/ o/r x pipe... Im wanting to get a lil more power outta the car n/a b4 i spray it, but im scared it might start surging etc.... Ive already modded the hell outta my h/c/i 90' n w/ the drag suspension etc. it doesnt ride to nice on the street. So the 88's gonna b my d.d..

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
you can do almost any mod you want for SD, the tuning may take a little extra time, the biggest hurdle is the cam, NO FMS "Alphabet" cams will work well with SD, youll need a cam with a min 114 LSA and no more the 220 dur @ .050. The crower 15511 is an excellent choice.

www.50tech.com is a very nice SD site!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
shocks.....pegs...... lucky. what up man its travis, you got another car, you suck, im stuck with my v6 for life or in tell i get the balls to drop a v8 in. im about to drop 2g's :eek: on some 10w7's and a 1000/1 with a custom box where my back seat used to be. :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dayum.... u know what i could do for 2 g's??? what u been up to man???

·
Registered
2 Posts
what would you do i keep asking ppl and all they say is you know what i would do with that. so if you have any good ideas elighten me cuz im not sure if thats what im going to spend it on.
but any way im been working at the valvoline oil change place on 30/40 by popeyes. its a pretty bad ass job i only work 4 days a week but i still get 40 hours,cuz they are 10 hour days. plus it pays 8 bucks a hour not to bad. i start uti in july. ive been partying eveyweeked sence ive been out of school, and some weekdays its a lot easyer to party when you dont have school the next day. thats all i can think of right now. so what u been up too..

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just work n workin on my girlfriend... hehe.... Probably gonna sell the red stang.... call me sometime 972 352 8417

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
I say leave the cam and heads alone.

Do intake manifold, 65mm throttle body, cai, full exhaust, gears, u/d pulleys, suspension, and lighten the car up a bit. That way you'll have a quick car and won't really have to fuck with tuning and all that shit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts