DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
How can it not be built and sold on a competitive basis? This is the problem with GM, if you can't take a cheaper alternative and be competitive what the hell are you doing?

Price FWD pieces vs RWD.

·
Big "foot"
19,217 Posts
Leave it to GM to pull the plug on a new RWD platform at the worst time possible. Chrysler has the reigning car of the year that has revitalized the RWD American sedan, and GM routes it's efforts to big trucks and SUVs at the same time that gasoline is hitting record highs. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
BLAKE said:
Leave it to GM to pull the plug on a new RWD platform at the worst time possible. Chrysler has the reigning car of the year that has revitalized the RWD American sedan, and GM routes it's efforts to big trucks and SUVs at the same time that gasoline is hitting record highs. :rolleyes:
That's the god damn facts.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
So much for making cars that people actually want. :rolleyes:

Not everyone wants 400hp, but no one wants a buzzing, torque steering POS either. DUH.

Plus, entire images are built and destroyed on the cars a company builds. People LOVE '67-69 Camaros. They're more popular now than ever. They are something that Chevrolet will always be able to leverage to get people to think good things about their product. I just don't see them using a new Malibu Maxx to create the same sentiment in 35 years...

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
I just bought a new cobalt, sweet!

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
BLAKE said:

I totally agree........ I just can't understand the reasoning behind a decision such as this. I guess that's why I'm not a CEO!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
I am not laughiung too loudly, but I am laughing!

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
This is good, this should surely put GM's stock into junk bond status. I will buy as much as I can and when the company turns around, I'll be RICH :D

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
So much for the new camaro.

I never ever liked bob lutz. Guy is a wannabe motorhead. A poor decision for a very transitional era in the automotive industry as we go from poorly built, mass produced hunks of crap and get a swift ass kicking from the overseas brands on how to build a tight car. GM is going to have hell of a time competing in the truck department with dodge trucks on the rise, and now honda joining nissan and toyota in the frey...

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
"The automaker is under severe pressure to streamline after announcing last week its 2005 earnings would fall as much as 80 percent below previous estimates. " LMAO they are going under for sure

·
Registered
495 Posts
so it was his idea ...
""It was Lutz who first championed the new rear-wheel drive platform. The renowned car expert announced the Zeta program in 2003 as the industry was turning its attention toward rear-wheel drive vehicles.

and he gave it the go without doing the research first?
""But he pulled the plug on the North America models after determining the vehicles could not be engineered and assembled to sell at prices competitive with the popular Chrysler 300C, Ford Mustang and other models, without sacrificing quality and content.""

so that they could get them to show up next year?
""in large part to free up resources to bring its next generation of large pickups and sport utility vehicles to market quicker.""
""In addition, GM is anxious to free up resources to speed up the launch of its new line of full-size pickup trucks. They are not expected to arrive until 2006.""

i am very curious

1 - 20 of 38 Posts