DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Gone but never forgotten
17,192 Posts

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
i had a 71 fastback with a 429 big block in it. I also owned a 72 Mach I with a 351 Cleveland in it at the same time. They were fun cars.

I like that one, I like the color. I would love have a 71 in that color with the 429 SCJ motor, that would be sweet.

·
Out
36,504 Posts
MustangMelli said:
You broke my widdle heart. I had a 69 Mach 1. I'd love another one. Who knows. I might buy it, but I need a guy to go check her out for me. Any takers?
Don't get me wrong... the 69's and 70's were awesome. I just don't like the 71-73's. Have you ever sat in one? I need a freakin' phone book just to look over the dash!

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
Denny said:
Don't get me wrong... the 69's and 70's were awesome. I just don't like the 71-73's. Have you ever sat in one? I need a freakin' phone book just to look over the dash!
The problem was that most of those cars could use a good bit of lowering in the front, they were like boats. Mine had the front springs for a 302 and I sat the old big block off in it and it sat real nice from then on. You still couldn't see shit out of the back window but just lowering the front helped it a lot in both the handling and looks department.

One of the other good things about those cars is that they got a HUGE engine bay. you can stuff a 460 in them and getting to the plugs is no problem, unlike the 69 and 70 cars where it was a fucking nightmare to even run a cleveland in them, much less the big blocks.

Don't get me wrong, I like the 69 and 70s, the looks too but I think the 71 to 73s were pretty cool. if you want to talk about some junk, well that was the Mustang II....talk about some fuckin junk!!

·
Out
36,504 Posts
AL P said:
One of the other good things about those cars is that they got a HUGE engine bay. you can stuff a 460 in them and getting to the plugs is no problem, unlike the 69 and 70 cars where it was a fucking nightmare to even run a cleveland in them, much less the big blocks.
They had smaller compartments than a fox?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.