DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Who the fuck cares about highschool anyway:confused: Im in highschool, it sucks!

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
bad bowtie said:
Who the fuck cares about highschool anyway:confused: Im in highschool, it sucks!
Just curious, what type of heads do you have on your car and how the hell are u getting 400 HP outta that motor ?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
Just curious, what type of heads do you have on your car and how the hell are u getting 400 HP outta that motor ?
They are the stock heads. Rebuilt w/HarlandSharp roller rockers. Im not sure about the h.p. though. The motor is nearly the same as a friend of my dads. His nova dynoed at almost 400.

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
bad bowtie said:
They are the stock heads. Rebuilt w/HarlandSharp roller rockers. Im not sure about the h.p. though. The motor is nearly the same as a friend of my dads. His nova dynoed at almost 400.
I must be pushing 600 hp :eek:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
I was jokin'.

I highly doubt you're @ 300.

Ive got a 350 too, but a few more mods and the bottle.
I really think I have more than 300, but since I have done nothing more than crank it up, I seriously have no clue.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
That isnt your motor in the pic is it?

Looks like a Edelbrock ontop..

3" HEADERS?
Yea, that actually is my motor. Its a Holley Street Avenger 670cfm on top of a Wieand Stealth Intake. The headers are listed as 3 in., they are 1 5/8 in., 3in. @ the collectors. My fault, I always call them 3 in. for b/c I had 3in. exhaust.

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
bad bowtie said:
Yea, that actually is my motor. Its a Holley Street Avenger 670cfm on top of a Wieand Stealth Intake. The headers are listed as 3 in., they are 1 5/8 in., 3in. @ the collectors. My fault, I always call them 3 in. for b/c I had 3in. exhaust.
Looks DAMN GOOD!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Since you also have a 355, what heads should I get for my set-up? The cam is a .488 lift I beleive. We talked about so many different sizes, I can barely remember.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I have seen many 350 small blocks make 400 HP with ported iron heads (depends which GM casting) with a properly ground cam making close to 400 HP. HP is cheap and easy to get out of a cheby small block.

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
I wonder what im pushing then out of my car?

Here's my setup :

355, trw pistons, 9.5:1 comp
Edelbrock #6089 RPM Aluminum heads (mild port work)
Lunati Cam .509 lift 234 duration 112 LS
Holley 750 DP
Edelbrock RPM Intake
Hedman Long Tubes
MSD igniton

And all the other bolt ons

Here's my site :

www.blown350camaro.freeservers.com

Dont have any recent pix of the motor, that site is pretty old.

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
bad bowtie said:
Since you also have a 355, what heads should I get for my set-up? The cam is a .488 lift I beleive. We talked about so many different sizes, I can barely remember.
Try to find out the specs on that cam.. Especially the Duration..

Sounds like you've got a good start.

Ive got Edelbrocks on my car. I bought them b/c a friend of them sold them to me cheap & they were brand new (under 1k) with a little port work.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
I wonder what im pushing then out of my car?
Here's my setup :
Thats a pretty mean lookin setup:eek: I have:
355, keith black pistons
stock heads-angle job, springs, roller rockers
CompCam .488/.288
Holley650 w/ 1in. spacer
StealthIntake
Dynomax Headers
MSD Ign.

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
bad bowtie said:
Thats a pretty mean lookin setup:eek:
You want it? ;)

Also have the bottle on it, 150 shot.

I really wonder if im making any power.. I was thinking around 425 on the bottle, but maybe more after hearing this.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
HAHAHAHA!!! 425 ON the bottle!! LOL!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts