DFW Mustang Forums banner

Gas War in Lake Dallas

836 views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  jtm98snake 
#1 ·
Yesterday a new QuikTrip gas station opened at Swisher and 35E near the new Lake Dallas toll bridge. They immediately started selling gas at $2.06 which is the cheapest in DFW according to http://www.dallasgasprices.com/. The next door Phillips station immediately lowered their price to match. The Exxon and Chevron stations lowered their prices to $2.19 which is the 2nd lowest price in DFW.

A few hours ago, QT dropped the price again to $2.02 and the Phillips station immediately followed suit.

Now Swisher is crowded with cars trying to get into the puny Phillips station. Even the huge QT is loaded with cars..

#6 ·
I don't know about the train but the competition from QT will certainly do them in. The Lake Dallas City Council has been talking about getting a station put in over here. I would love to see them buy out that Circle K and put a station there, but I'm not sure where they would put the parking.

A lot of changes are a coming with that train and the new bridge..

#14 ·
Ahhhhhh, THAT'S why I had to sit through that light like 5 times after coming off the toll. Didn't even pay attention to the prices. I just thought they were super busy since they just opened.

#20 ·
That's good news. I don't mind paying $1.99/gal to fill up the gas guzzler! Shitty thing is I gassed up at QT last thursday night and it was $2.19.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.