DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Custom Title
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it seemed to have made a jump in the past couple days, guess it did! ope we don't hit the $2.00 mark :eek:


Gas prices rise 7 cents in past two weeks
Survey predicts higher costs through April
Sunday, January 25, 2004 Posted: 4:13 PM EST (2113 GMT)

GAS PRICES
Average price of a gallon of self-serve regular in selected cities:

Houston, Texas: $1.52
Charlotte, North Carolina: $1.52
Atlanta, Georgia: $1.56
Tucson, Arizona: $1.59
Manchester, New Hampshire: $1.62
Miami, Florida: $1.66
Portland, Maine: $1.67
Chicago, Illinois: $1.75

Source: Lundberg Survey


(CNN) -- Gas prices nationwide soared nearly 7 cents per gallon of self-serve regular to $1.62 during the past two weeks, a national survey said Sunday.

The Lundberg Survey had reported an 8-cent rise during the previous three weeks, and consumers can expect the trend to continue, publisher Trilby Lundberg said. "Our mid-range forecast says there's another 16 cents before it's over and prices drift down" in early April, she said.

Lundberg blamed the increase on high demand for crude oil -- the result of a robust economy and cold weather diverting supplies to create home heating oil.

That demand will not fall soon, she predicted. As warmer weather diminishes the need for heating oil, driving will raise the demand for gasoline.

At the same time, U.S. refiners have passed through to consumers additional costs associated with meeting government regulations to reduce sulfur in gasoline and, in some locations, to use ethanol, she said.

The survey of about 7,000 stations nationwide was conducted January 23.

The survey's forecast of continuing price spikes is based on a report posted on its Web site.

Drivers in Cheyenne, Wyoming, paid the least, at $1.45 per gallon, and drivers in Honolulu, Hawaii, paid the most, at $1.99. San Francisco, California, had the second-highest average price, at $1.75.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,494 Posts
yellowstang said:
I was thinking it seemed to have made a jump in the past couple days, guess it did! ope we don't hit the $2.00 mark :eek:


Gas prices rise 7 cents in past two weeks
Survey predicts higher costs through April
Sunday, January 25, 2004 Posted: 4:13 PM EST (2113 GMT)

GAS PRICES
Average price of a gallon of self-serve regular in selected cities:

Houston, Texas: $1.52
Charlotte, North Carolina: $1.52
Atlanta, Georgia: $1.56
Tucson, Arizona: $1.59
Manchester, New Hampshire: $1.62
Miami, Florida: $1.66
Portland, Maine: $1.67
Chicago, Illinois: $1.75

Source: Lundberg Survey


(CNN) -- Gas prices nationwide soared nearly 7 cents per gallon of self-serve regular to $1.62 during the past two weeks, a national survey said Sunday.

The Lundberg Survey had reported an 8-cent rise during the previous three weeks, and consumers can expect the trend to continue, publisher Trilby Lundberg said. "Our mid-range forecast says there's another 16 cents before it's over and prices drift down" in early April, she said.

Lundberg blamed the increase on high demand for crude oil -- the result of a robust economy and cold weather diverting supplies to create home heating oil.

That demand will not fall soon, she predicted. As warmer weather diminishes the need for heating oil, driving will raise the demand for gasoline.

At the same time, U.S. refiners have passed through to consumers additional costs associated with meeting government regulations to reduce sulfur in gasoline and, in some locations, to use ethanol, she said.

The survey of about 7,000 stations nationwide was conducted January 23.

The survey's forecast of continuing price spikes is based on a report posted on its Web site.

Drivers in Cheyenne, Wyoming, paid the least, at $1.45 per gallon, and drivers in Honolulu, Hawaii, paid the most, at $1.99. San Francisco, California, had the second-highest average price, at $1.75.

$1.75 for premium in Weatherford! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 

·
Custom Title
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JimD said:
Its gonna suck filling the boat up this spring, 52 gal tank.
Dayum! Definitely don't want to fill up at the marina, they are always waaaay more expensive than a land based gas station.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,152 Posts
Don't know off hand what it costs @ the lake, no $ price at the pump, probably didn't want to give anyone a heart attack.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
I don't think I've owned a car that took "regular" in the last 5 years. :(

Oh well I only have to fill up every 10 days or so anyway. 307hp/377tq and 27mpg ownz joo!
 

·
Got Lateral G's??
Joined
·
9,822 Posts
JimD said:
Its gonna suck filling the boat up this spring, 52 gal tank.
The last time I saw Gas for sale at Texoma, 87 was like 2.10/gallon. Figure in that you aren't paying the 34.5 cent road tax on that gas and it makes it seem REALLY expensive.

Nice thing about our boat is I fill the diesel tank once a year just to keep the water out of it......30 gallons. Wind is cheap......if and when it blows!!!
 

·
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
damn im glad I got that ranger now ! no more fillin up every 3 days... I just got 88 miles on this truck and its not even hitting the quarter yet of the tank,..... thank god... my gt would have been almost down to the half by now Rob
 

·
Dirty Mexican
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
gas prices are goig to suck this summer
 

·
Vikings are next!
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Gas prices are going up all the damn time!:mad: ...I have a hypertech Prog.... on my stang and it says i'm only suppose to use premium gas...but with the gas going up I don't think I can afford it anyomore!:( ....What would actually happen if I was to use regular? Or should I just remove the programmer.
Thanks...
MIguel!
$35 a week is killing me!:mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,187 Posts
They act like it's some mysterious circumstance that causes gas prices to increase.

The prices went up because some guy said, "Let's take the prices up."
 

·
Out with your mom
Joined
·
2,508 Posts
Well $2 is bad, but I'll get pissy when they are about $3.50/gal or higher. I believe the US has some of the lowest fuel prices in the world...
 

·
Punk Ass Newbie
Joined
·
4,554 Posts
Dangerous Miguel said:
Gas prices are going up all the damn time!:mad: ...I have a hypertech Prog.... on my stang and it says i'm only suppose to use premium gas...but with the gas going up I don't think I can afford it anyomore!:( ....What would actually happen if I was to use regular? Or should I just remove the programmer.
Thanks...
MIguel!
$35 a week is killing me!:mad:
I'd just stick with the premium or program it back to stock. Wouldn't use low grade with the prog....but that's just me, I have a phobia of detonation.:D
 

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
Joined
·
13,472 Posts
When I put the Cougar back on the road it will more than likely suck way more gas than it used to. Maybe I won't be driving it to work after all
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top