DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted up about an ignition problem to you guys a month or so ago on my 92' lx. Well, I replaced the ignition coil, solinoid, and TFI module and the damn thing still has problems after it is warm (if I shut the engine off and then try starting it back up in a little while later it cranks and almost starts up and then dies).

Could this be a malfunctioning fuel pump? (It is the original fuel pump with 182k miles on it).

Are there any sensors in the fuel system that might malfunction?

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it,

Jerred

· Registered
655 Posts
excessive m/s sells a 255lph for 108 shipped. best price i could find.

· Worship me
34,275 Posts
First thing to do is determine if the fuel pump is coming on, either listen for it or hook up a pressure gauge and see if it builds pressure.

I have heard of this happening before when the stator in the distributor goes bad, if you have a distributor handy, swap it out and see what happens.

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
llamastang said:
excessive m/s sells a 255lph for 108 shipped. best price i could find.
I've got a friend who will sell me an almost brand new 190lph for $20. He bought it, found out he didn't need it and the store wouldn't take it back, so I've got that covered, thanks.

The fuel pump is coming on I just want to make sure there is pressure so I will go try that. I'll try the stator if that doesn't work.

Anybody else?

· Registered
655 Posts
all i can think of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.