DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
600 plus a few
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we were installing a wet n2o kit on my friend's 88 coupe and now that its all done the fuel wont turn on. i dont think it was a good idea, but he used the inertia switch to prevent the fuel from squirting out the schrader valve while nothing was on it because we had to keep turning the acc on and off to test things. now that its all installed, the fuel pump wont turn on. we tried resetting the computer, changing the fuel pump relay and bypassing the inertia switch and nothing works. any ideas?

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
I had the same problem once. It turned out to be the computer ground wire for me. The black wire with green stripe over by the coil. Mine came ungrounded just below were the battery would go. Try looking for that....Greg

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
BottleRocket said:
do you happen to know where the fuse for the fuel pump is?
I figure id be one of the ones under the dash on the driver side.
When you turn the key can you here the fuel pump relay click or is there no click under the seat. You should be able to hear it....

·
Banned
18,736 Posts
GRAYHORSE said:
I figure id be one of the ones under the dash on the driver side.
When you turn the key can you here the fuel pump relay click or is there no click under the seat. You should be able to hear it....

greg, this is actually my car and not bottlerockets... we were doing my nitrous at his house and now my car is stuck over there :(

is there a specific fuse for the fuel pump or fuel pump relay?

i am not getting power into my fuel pump relay... both pink wires and orange = no power

where was the ground that came disconnected off of yours when you ran into this problem?

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
skidmark said:
greg, this is actually my car and not bottlerockets... we were doing my nitrous at his house and now my car is stuck over there :(

is there a specific fuse for the fuel pump or fuel pump relay?

i am not getting power into my fuel pump relay... both pink wires and orange = no power

where was the ground that came disconnected off of yours when you ran into this problem?
The ground for me was a black wire with green stripe. I found it over by the coil. Drivers side front were all the mess of wires are. The is a black one somewhere it there. Find it and make sure its grounded. Check all your fuses in the fuse box under the dash. There is another power relay over buy your computer in the kick panel. You should also hear that clicking when you turn the key...
You said you already reset the inertia switch? Dont by pass it. Put all the wires back how you started. Here is a wiring diagram for you to look at.....

·
Banned
18,736 Posts
GRAYHORSE said:
The ground for me was a black wire with green stripe. I found it over by the coil. Drivers side front were all the mess of wires are. The is a black one somewhere it there. Find it and make sure its grounded. Check all your fuses in the fuse box under the dash.
You said you already reset the inertia switch? Dont by pass it. Put all the wires back how you started. Here is a wiring diagram for you to look at.....

i reset the inertia switch, and the switch is getting power. the car is at bottlerockets house right now and i gotta work in a few hours so i doubt i can look at it today :(

i am not getting power to the fuel pump relay... and we just replaced it

i get the next thing on the list is the eec relay.. the diagram shows a green wire going from it to the fuel pump relay...

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
Just dont cut and splice any wires at this point. I did that and it made my problem harder to fined. It cant be to many things. You will find it. You just need and volt meter and the diagram.

·
Banned
18,736 Posts
i haven't messed with any wires...

i will try the eec relay, then test my computer...

computer > eec relay > fuel pump relay > fuel pump

if it's not that then maybe it's a fusable link or a ground

·
600 plus a few
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey man, ill take a look at it for you today while youre at work, i had to deal with the woman all day.

GRAYHORSE: the wierd thing is that all he did is mess with the inertia switch, that is the confusing part. he didnt change any wires by the coil or the starter solenoid. all we did was add the n2o kit and then it all of a sudden wouldnt start. :(

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
BottleRocket said:
hey man, ill take a look at it for you today while youre at work, i had to deal with the woman all day.

GRAYHORSE: the wierd thing is that all he did is mess with the inertia switch, that is the confusing part. he didnt change any wires by the coil or the starter solenoid. all we did was add the n2o kit and then it all of a sudden wouldnt start. :(
I didnt mess with any of the wires when mine came off either. All i did was changes some spark plugs and my fuel pump wouldnt come on. LOL
You never know. I must have snagged the wrench on it or something. Start with where you not getting power to and go forward to find the problem. I was getting power to the relay, and inertia switch. Just not to the pink wire that goes from the relay to the fuel pump. The one little ground wire was causing my problem...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts