DFW Mustang Forums banner

Fuck Hallsville

959 views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Sal2kZ28 
#1 ·
i know that they have abusiness to run. but they wasted ours and thier time by saying they were going to run the cars for three hours, and then all of the sudden say "Well, you can not race, see ya later." . this was about 20 minutes after they had eveyone tech in. i said it last time we went and i will say again. i do not plan on making another trip to that track.

#2 ·
I know how it feels sounds like last time we loaded up for redline, called 3 times to make sure they were open, they said they were, then we make the 2hr trip and their closed, fuck that!:mad:

#9 ·
Andrew what is your Tooth Time Minimum set to. It should be part of you advanced ignition parameters. Might try raising that number to clear your missing/banging issues. I had to raise mine just to get spark during cranking/start up.

#10 ·
I don't see an equivalent parameter for that in the FAST software. There is a parameter which tells the computer when you're not cranking anymore, but nothing like you are describing.

NDSP said:
Andrew what is your Tooth Time Minimum set to. It should be part of you advanced ignition parameters. Might try raising that number to clear your missing/banging issues. I had to raise mine just to get spark during cranking/start up.

#11 ·
Andrew, there is a parameter in the FAST software, something like coil dwell time or something like that. I think it was what was wrong with Lilthumper's car. It has something to do with how the ignition box and the trigger signal from the FAST box interact. It should be in the setup parameters. I'd go over to Turbobuick.com and see what you can find about it.

Blake's car would do the same thing at 5800 RPM no matter what he did. He ended up changing the whole ignition system and it still did it. I think changing this parameter finally solved his problem.

#13 ·
Da Prez said:
dam that would fucking suck...what was there reason for not running?
that there was moisture still coming up on the track. which is fine. but they have been out there long enough, to know what is gonna happen when it rains that much. and to top it all off. there was a bunch of bikes out there that never loaded up, i am pretty sure that they ran after the cars left.

#14 ·
Alan,
I've got my inductive delay set at 96 uS, which is what they tell you to run with a crank trigger. Shane Hill suggested that it might be timing related... I'm running 17 degrees of timing with 118 octane fuel... he thinks that the fuel is taking so long to burn that it's lighting in the exhaust rather than the cylinder and that' causing the stuttering problem... I'm gonna give it some more timing and see what happens.

AL P said:
Andrew, there is a parameter in the FAST software, something like coil dwell time or something like that. I think it was what was wrong with Lilthumper's car. It has something to do with how the ignition box and the trigger signal from the FAST box interact. It should be in the setup parameters. I'd go over to Turbobuick.com and see what you can find about it.

Blake's car would do the same thing at 5800 RPM no matter what he did. He ended up changing the whole ignition system and it still did it. I think changing this parameter finally solved his problem.

#18 ·
SNEAKY said:
that there was moisture still coming up on the track. which is fine. but they have been out there long enough, to know what is gonna happen when it rains that much. and to top it all off. there was a bunch of bikes out there that never loaded up, i am pretty sure that they ran after the cars left.
Now Billy, you saw the size of some of those MFr's. I doubt any of those track officials wanted to piss them off. It was like a Black Rice Rocket Gang from SE Louisiana and they had numbers!!! No racial intentions here guys but most were BIG, NFL Linemen BIG black guys that were VERY intimidating. I am sure those east texas ******** were worried of a reverse lynching.

#20 ·
aggie97 said:
Now Billy, you saw the size of some of those MFr's. I doubt any of those track officials wanted to piss them off. It was like a Black Rice Rocket Gang from SE Louisiana and they had numbers!!! No racial intentions here guys but most were BIG, NFL Linemen BIG black guys that were VERY intimidating. I am sure those east texas ******** were worried of a reverse lynching.
<-wasn't worried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.