DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This unit has some sort of video problem. Not sure what is wrong with this. Our good friend Hookup (remember him?) had replaced the screen in it and when I got it home it had lines in it. He refused to correct the problem and I have been stuck with it ever since. I am trying to free up some room in my storage space so I really need to sell.

These units sell on Ebay for $200-$400 with broken glass. This one has no broke glass, cosmetics are near perfect. Comes with a wall-mount and remote (if I can find it). Asking $300 or might consider trade

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From NEC, you might as well forget it. They do not sell PDP's to the public. However, they do come up on Ebay and there is an Ebay QuickDrop in Plano that has several. They are auctioning them off one by one. Last week they said they still have several left. Their last screen auction closed at $153

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11073&item=5756965418&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The model number for the MP and PD series 42" PDP is NP42B1MF03

They are not hard to change. There are a lot of screws to remove and 4 connectors and one ribbon cable (looks like a SCSI). I have two working units that have I have replaced the screens in and they work great.

I dont believe my price is unreasonable; if you are registered on Ebay check the closed Ebay auctions under NEC plasma and you will see plenty of folks that are buying these and replacing parts themselves.

Let me know if you want to come out and look at it. Would be glad to demo it. I have a box with proper packing for transport

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
so buy yours, and one of those screens on ebay, and i have a nice plasma for about 450 bucks?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be correct. You should contact them to see when they will be posting the next auction and what their warranty is. There are some other dealers on Ebay that sell compatible screens and you may want to check them out as well.

I am done chasing screens and deals. I have two working now and dont want to hassle with it any longer. I have too many projects and no space to do them.

I didn't want to ship but if it doesn't sell in the next day or two I will put it on Ebay. They are selling very well there.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This looks like a buffer module is bad, or it could be an x or y board driving a buffer module. Some times the buffer chips are part of the display on some models. If the module is not part of the display then a repair will range in cost 500-800. Just trying to help you diagnose the problem for a buyer.....

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand, thanks for the info. The horizontal driver boards are built on to the PDP and are attached by non-removable ribbon cables. The veritical driver boards are attached to the PDP also but can be removed and replaced. I have extras of the vertical driver boards.

Is it possible to do repairs on those horizontal boards?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lots of responses, still got this thing. TTT

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Mike,

I'm out of town right now but I will be back Monday. I'll take the screen and can come pick it up on Mon sometime.

--wes

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good enough for me, screen is SOLD

thanks

·
[x] original checkboxer
10,836 Posts
Kinda off topic, but whatever happened to "hookup"? I hear he's in jail/prison or something....

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yessir - he plead guilty to defrauding several Ebay plasma buyers. I believe he was given 18mos in federal prison.

·
Registered
669 Posts
lmfao! That guy almost sold me a doge viper when he worked at that exotic store off 35!! He use to call me at least once a week to tell me what kind of shit he had for sale. Never did really trust him.....glad I never bought anything from him.

Anyway, back to the screen. I am still interested if the deal falls through.

MASH

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look at the picture, there are several and colors are skewed within the bars.

I believe this is sold but if you are interested in another one they come up on Ebay all the time. This is a commercial grade unit, not just an EDTV panel. Will support all modes of HD and has VGA, RGB (BNC), component vid, composite vid, and S-video inouts. Also has built in audio inputs and outputs (8watts max) for speakers

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I am not really interested in it, I was just wondering.
I was writing off the colors looking all messed up as a picture being taking of a TV.
But if that is really what it looks like, wow, that is jacked up.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes, that similar to what mine looked like before I replaced the screens

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
plasma is SOLD - thanks Wes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts