DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I've got.....

It's a 1929 Model A Roadster pickup. No drivetrain. Everything is steel. Body, including doors, floorpan, bed, and a frame. I don't currently have any pictures, but you are more than welcome to come look at it at my dad's shop in Sherman. $1,500 FIRM.

-Aaron

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
can you get some pics?? Thats a far drive for me.

How is the body? Other than drivetrain, what does it need? Rust?

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Where is his shop at in Sherman? I live in VA just south of Sherman and wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to add a couple things.

There is no suspension...ie, no rear end/springs, front axle/brakes/springs. It will be a complete restoration-type deal. The rust isn't too bad, I have seen worse. There are new door skins already on the doors. The floorpan has some rust and the bed has some rust, both of which you can buy replacement parts or patch panels from a company, if I remember correctly, here in Texas.

8mpg....I will take my digital camera with me tomorrow and get some pics I hope.

Sean88gt....call the shop tomorrow some time after about 9:30am or so. (903)893-0557. We are a block east of the Court House on Houston and Montgomery. Coming north on 75, take the Houston/Lamar St exit and turn right onto Lamar. Go through all the stoplights and after you go through the last stoplight, the next block down will be Montgomery.....take a left on Montgomery and go to the stop sign. We are on the left corner of Houston and Montgomery.

-Aaron

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I grabbed my digital cam on the way out the door only to find out it doesn't work for some reason. :mad: I will, however, get some pics up as soon as possible.

-Aaron

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
no pics?

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not yet. My wife thought it would be a good idea to leave the digital camera on the charger ALL THE TIME. As in, for the last 2 months straight. :mad: I think it killed the rechargeable batteries. I'll have to get a new set of them.

-Aaron

·
Registered
129 Posts
pics

send thise pics my way too--I have a tci complete rolling model a chassis in the shop looking for a body--let me know-

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: Today, I am going to get new batteries for my digital camera to replace the ones that my wife fried. Pics to come in the next 2 days, for absolutely sure.

-Aaron

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I got the "hot rod" fever when we went to the OKC Street Rod Nationals last year. Later on we found the pickup, and I finally realized that I don't have time/money to put into something that consuming. So I'm using the money to buy a running/driving '55 Studebaker Conestoga 2-dr wagon !! :D ;) I can't wait to pick it up, it's a cool car !!

-Aaron

http://summerville-novascotia.com/Studebaker/1954StudebakerChampionDeLuxeConestogaStationWagon.jpg

Just picture the above car....black primer, slammed, steel wheels w/ wide whites..... :D ;)

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
That will be sweet and it will be unusual, so it will grab attention at any show anywhere. I have always loved old cars, and I stand by the statement that they grab more attention than any current (last 20 years) model. When the time comes let me know, I wouldn't mind spending a day helping you block sand that wagon, so that I can ensure a ride when it's done :D :D

Bart

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, that'll work. You live in The Colony, right ? Too bad my dad's shop is in Sherman, I would say you should come up to the shop one day and check out his cars..... :eek: :D He has a '32 Essex 5 window coupe he's been building for 8 years, and it's just about ready. :D He is almost finished with the '53 Studebaker Commander he just bought. It was customized back in '56/57 into a Ranchero-type vehicle. The guy that did all the work on it used it to haul around a motorcycle that he raced all over the country. There is so much history on this car it would take forever for me to tell it all to you....it is one of those things you just have to see for yourself, know what I mean ? ;) Anyways, if you're ever near Sherman, give me a call and you're more than welcome to come check everything out. My cell phone number is (214)682-5950.

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Sherman wouldn't be a bad drive. I'll give you call sometime and if you are going to be at the shop on a Saturday I'll cruise up and hang.

Bart

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool, we'd like to have ya. I'll probably be there all day this Saturday, if you are free. My dad ordered some Salt Flat wheels 2 weeks ago and the guy at the wheel shop told me today that it was gonna be ANOTHER 4 weeks !! :mad:

-Aaron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts