DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing much, really, but I think it's a pretty cool car since it still has the highway patrol paint job and painted wheels. He got it after selling his '00 GT and it currently just hit 201,000 miles :eek: He just took it in to a shop for something with the brakes and after test driving the car the mechanic said he's driven lots of the older stangs and he couldn't believe how nicely this car still ran and how nice the tranny was, etc. BTW, it still has funtional wig-wag lights which are fun mess around with when out cruising on the highway :D

also, my mom finally got a new vehicle and I thought it was nice, even if it's not a '05 GT like she had said she'd get :( It's a '05 Mercury Mariner, which is the upscale version of the Escape, and has the 200hp V6 and 4WD and a nice leather interior and has the Mach 300 sound system with the 6 disc changer.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i know someone with a DPS mustang with the lights also ... it is cool too, though it is not black and white like that one .. it is a solid color

·
Registered
495 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
how much did he get that dps coupe for? i've always wanted one of those.:D
brad
i know a person that sells them, i will see if he still does .. i myself would like to get one too lol

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STANGGT40 said:
how much did he get that dps coupe for? i've always wanted one of those.:D

brad

I think he paid like $4K or $4.5K. It had like 189K on the odometer when he bought it. It also had some dark ass tint for awhile (back window is still dark) that the previous cop owner put on, and my friend got ticketed for it being too dark, lol. At night you can't see out the back window for shit. Mechanically it's in pretty good condtion, but it does need some of the interior parts replaced. The whole passenger side door panel is falling apart and he just had to replace the door handle. Had an offroad H on it when he bought it and then he went ahead and had some cats put on so it could be inspected. Other than flows, 2.5inch h-pipe, k&n, and shifter, it's all stock and won't ever see any mods.
The paint is peeling off pretty bad in some areas and he is gonna be looking into getting it repainted just like it is if anyone knows any good shops with good prices in the arlington/grand prairie/mansfield area.

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
We got ours brand new from the dealer. it was an over stocked item when we got it. 1990 white. They removed the lights on it. It had some kick ass gears in it as well.

·
1,766 Posts
sweet ass coupe. i thought they painted those cars black or white when they sold them? thats pimp, id park that bitch in the ditch on 35 about 2 am and watch speeders slam on the brakes all night :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts