DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search, didn't see this yet.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/062410-ft-worth-officer-shot-in-ambush

FORT WORTH, Texas - A manhunt continues for the suspect who ambushed a Fort Worth police officer with a shotgun Wednesday night.
The veteran officer and an elderly man were both wounded around 9:45 p.m. with pellets from the shotgun blast in the 2600 block of Northwest 28th St., near Grayson Avenue.
The elderly man who lived at a house nearby, in the 2500 block of Azle Ave., called police and told him that someone he knew kicked in his front door.
When the 10-year officer and the resident walked around the house and surrounding alleys to investigate, they were surprised by the single blast of the shotgun.
The suspect ran off down the alley and hasn't been caught. He's described as a man in his 30s, wearing a blue shirt and jeans.
The officer was injured by pellets to his shoulder, arm, and head. He's hospitalized in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.
The elderly man was injured as well, but was not hospitalized.

·
You never go full retard
9,934 Posts
Matt any word on this?

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
From an anonymous source...No word on the suspect, but the officer involved has a couple of extra holes in his arm and is expected to be fine.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
From a press release:

Wednesday evening, 06-23-2010 just before 10:00pm, Fort Worth Police Officer N.Owens #3297 responded to a residence in the 2500 block of Azle Avenue regarding a male suspect who had kicked in a residential door just moments before.

Upon arrival, Officer Owens and the 911 caller walked together in the 2700 block of Grayson while gathering additional information about the reported crime.

While walking along 2700 Grayson Officer Owens was ambushed with gunfire. A single shotgun blast rang out from the alleyway which separates NW 27th and NW 28th. Officer Owens was hit with the majority of the shotgun blast in the left shoulder, side, and face. The 911 caller was struck with a few stray shotgun pellets. The ambush shooter immediately fled on foot. The shotgun blast was the first indication the shooter was in the alley. The investigation has revealed there is a likelihood that the suspect who kicked in the 911 caller’s door is the same suspect who ambushed the police officer. The suspect and 911 caller are familiar with one another.

Immediately after the shooting, emergency police personnel responded to the area and conducted several police operations as information from the shooting trickled in. Major Case Investigators also responded and initiated their investigation.

Officer Owens was transported to JPS hospital and has undergone surgery. He is still hospitalized but is in good condition. Officer Owens has been with the Fort Worth Police Department for over eight years.

The investigation into this shooting has continued since last night. Major Case Investigators have identified a suspect related to original 911 call and efforts are underway to apprehend this suspect.

** We are attempting to locate this suspect and police operations are ongoing. It’s important that we apprehend this violent offender. We are asking for cooperation from our news partners to please avoid this area. Thank you for your consideration and understanding. **

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thank goodness the dumbass probably had his shotgun loaded with some pissant birdshot.

·
Registered
723 Posts
So if/when this scumbag is found will he be charged with mulitple offenses? For example, shouldn't he be charged with at least three first degree felonies of Aggravated Robbery, Aggravated Assault on an Officer and Attempted Murder of an Officer?

Though I'm not sure if the last one is a first or second. I would assume first. I'm off to go read the code.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
I have heard some stuff here at the jail from the officers coming in and out of the building. I don't want to compromise anything, but we are on this like stink on shit.

·
PAN
20,154 Posts
Thank goodness the dumbass probably had his shotgun loaded with some pissant birdshot.

More like be thankful that the dumbass had no clue as to the appropriate range to let loose with a shotgun. Sounds like he was at the outer limits of it's capabilities...

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
16,272 Posts
It just seems like its all out war on police officers lately, geez.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
If someone will gun down an officer, they won't even bat an eye at the average citizen.

I hate it when this stuff happens on my days off and I'm out of the loop....

·
Doughnut Lover!
2,736 Posts
Yay! Just making sure you're here with us. I'd hate for anything to happen to our resident hot cop. ;)
:naughty: I hide in the roll call room all night now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts