DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone go today? I'm going tomorrow morning, hoping to pick up some cheap .308 reloads or something of that nature... any good prices on ammo?

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ammo was pretty expensive there. They sure are proud of their reloads :rolleyes:

Monarch .308 is still the best bargain anywhere, including the net.

I was able to pick up some ballistic tips, and tracers which was nice.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
I went Saturday planning to pick up an complete lower for an AR-15. Only one dealer had lowers and his prices were pretty steep. I left empty handed and depressed.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
propellerhead said:
I went Saturday planning to pick up an complete lower for an AR-15. Only one dealer had lowers and his prices were pretty steep. I left empty handed and depressed.
Yep, that happened to me at the begining of this year!

Big Town or Market Hall if you want a deal on a lower! ;)

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
propellerhead said:
Pretty much my exact experience other than I also had a $4.50 bratwurst on a stale bun.

I did see a crate of .45 ACP Remington ammo for $380, which works out to about $100 more than it'd cost at Wal Mart.

·
Meeeeooowww
20,309 Posts
propellerhead said:
Robbie was there and has the best deals on lowers.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
It was like $340 for a DPMS and $370 for a Bushmaster. No RRAs. Screw that. I can get a stripped lower online for $115 and a full kit (everything but the stripped lower) from model1sales.com for around $500-600.

·
tear'n asphalt in the 68'
1,489 Posts
I ended up going, but for as many people that showed up, not one deal was worth a second look. I'm getting tired of the shows being sub-par there, seeing that it's so close to me. I guess I'll just have to start going back to market hall and big town. I'll admit that I'm with propeller on this one, I'm pretty positive that this is the only gun show I've ever been to in my entire life and didn't spend one damn dime except for the entry fee.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
I must have missed them or they weren't at this one last weekend. There were two guys buying lowers. I asked them if they saw any other vendors selling lowers. They told me this was the only one and they were going to pay the premium price.

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
Do you know if they have a storefront? I'd rather drive up there than pay for an FFL + shipping. Do you still need an FFL for in-state shipping?

·
Meeeeooowww
20,309 Posts
They only go to the shows.
If you let them know what you want they will hold it for you.

Apr 12&13.....Dallas,TX.....Market Hall

·
Registered
609 Posts
I went Saturday and sold a Ruger #1. Sorry ass show otherwise. I don't go to the Fort Worth Show anymore unless I have a sale pending. Market Hall is the only one in the DFW area worth considering unless you just like browsing and getting warm fuzzies from all of the firearms. As a collector I went to all shows nearby as you just never knew when a rare oddball might turn up. There did however seem like there were more people this time in FW than in the past. Perhaps it was all of the TV coverage they were paying for. Most of the good deals for ammo is online.

Wayne in FW

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I don't recall ever buying anything at the Ft. Worth show. Market Hall is usually best. I have very good luck at the Big Town show. I don't usually buy ammo so I am mostly basing this on firearms buying and some selling/trading.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts